Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

Post by voice of reason »

this is exactly what kelowna needs. a festival that caters to grown folks and not the flat brimmed hat no shirt jackass crowd. i hope it does well and is around for years
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I hope the organizers bring in some different bands for what appears to be another show next summer.............Chilliwack, 54-40, Big Sugar (Gordy Johnson with some "fuzz" should take care of Kguy), April Wine, Kim Mitchell, Colin James..........to name a few. Maybe throw in Led Zepagain.......cover band that has played Kelowna twice in the last 3 years.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lots of talent to pick from for sure, maybe bryan adams might show up :up: hint hint, if I were the people running this thing I would give him a call and offer him the vip treatment-- ya never know one in a million shot,but worth a try
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

There was a poll on Twitter that I can't seem to find, giving four choices for who people would want to see next year. Honeymoon Suite was the overwhelming favourite. David Wilcox and Lighthouse were two of the other performers in the poll, I can't remember who else.

Some bands that would fit the theme, and are still playing:

Honeymoon Suite
April Wine
The Stampeders
Burton Cummings
Sass Jordan

Who else would you want to see?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Katfish1
Fledgling

Post by Katfish1 »

Pat Benetar
Joan Jett
REO Speedwagon
Nazareth
would be amazing next year!!!!
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.ॐ
John Lennon
Katfish1
Fledgling

Post by Katfish1 »

I loved this event. The demographic was amazing! If you bumped into someone, you didn't get a snarl, you got a hug!
great event!
:130:
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.ॐ
John Lennon
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Katfish1 wrote:I loved this event. The demographic was amazing! If you bumped into someone, you didn't get a snarl, you got a hug!
great event!
:130:

exacacty,much better by a mile then some of the other events

would love to hear from the rcmp and kgh if this event was a drain on the system like so many of the other events c-g
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Katfish1 wrote:Pat Benetar
Joan Jett
REO Speedwagon
Nazareth
would be amazing next year!!!!

all good ones ^^^^^ :up:

lets not forget-- RUSH
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I didn't go but my 16 year old daughter went on Sunday. She thought it was awesome. Need more stuff like this in Kelowna but maybe a different venue with a bit of shade and grass under foot. How about the soccer field in City Park? Kelowna needs more of this kind of thing. They used to have some good events at 8 Mile Ranch and The Bluff. Then they all pettered out. I'll probably buy at least a day pass for next year.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

JayByrd wrote:There was a poll on Twitter that I can't seem to find, giving four choices for who people would want to see next year. Honeymoon Suite was the overwhelming favourite. David Wilcox and Lighthouse were two of the other performers in the poll, I can't remember who else.

Some bands that would fit the theme, and are still playing:

Honeymoon Suite
April Wine
The Stampeders
Burton Cummings
Sass Jordan

Who else would you want to see?

David Wilcox? Seriously? He did that "Laying Pipe" song and that's the only song of his that I ever heard. Lighthouse was a good band but I wonder if any of those guys are even alive. What about Platinum Blonde, Men Without Hats, Cowboy Junkies, Blue Rodeo, Triumph etc.?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Just check out David Wilcox on iTunes he has some great tunes, last time I saw him was 98 back in Edmonton. Awesome show! That hypnotizing boogie and bad apple are just a couple of good tunes that I can remember off the top of my head
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

JayByrd wrote:Who else would you want to see?

Barney Bentall, Tom Cochrane, The Guess Who, Matthew Good Band, Wide Mouth Mason, Steppenwolf
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

JayByrd wrote:There was a poll on Twitter that I can't seem to find, giving four choices for who people would want to see next year. Honeymoon Suite was the overwhelming favourite. David Wilcox and Lighthouse were two of the other performers in the poll, I can't remember who else.

Honeymoon Suite
Helix
Lighthouse
David Wilcox

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--11-.htm
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This past weekend was excellent was visiting good friends sat out on their balcony listened. Many of groups mentioned would be fun to listen to live again as well, looking forward to next year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Doobie brothers with Micheal Mcdonald

Return to “Central Okanagan”