Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

Post by mexi cali »

Yes there were but the water filling station did not taste great.

OMG. Are you friggin kidding me?? Your water sensibilities were insulted?? No Perrier?? Do tell.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I didn't go but my 16 year old daughter went on Sunday. She thought it was awesome

Say no more. 16 and diggin the rock dudes.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Doobie brothers with Micheal Mcdonald

I'm positive you meant "without". Right? Cuz you meant Tom Johnston. Right?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Doobie brothers with Micheal Mcdonald

mexicalidreamer wrote:I'm positive you meant "without". Right? Cuz you meant Tom Johnston. Right?

What you got against Michael McDonald?

He was with them for some of their biggest hits.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
jetty1965
Board Meister

Post by jetty1965 »

oneh2obabe wrote:They figured on 3-4,000 per night but can't find any definite numbers yet. On the other hand, you can buy your tickets for next year.

http://prosperaplace.com/rock-the-lake-2017/

I'll wait for the line up. Might tone it down to just one day. I'm not 16 anymore. It depends who is playing.

Mexi the water at one filling station was terrible , the other one wasn't as bad. But I actually felt a little ill afterwards on Friday, thought it might have been the water so avoided the filling station the next two days.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It just never sounded like the Doobies when he took over. They lost something.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:It just never sounded like the Doobies when he took over. They lost something.

Or gained something. It's just a matter of perspective.

Their best ranked album was Minute by Minute which Michael McDonald was a part of, not to mention he co wrote the award winning song "What A Fool Believes" with Kenny Loggins.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Nahhhhhhhh, never liked his voice.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

He's an incredibly good musician. I've seen him 5 times, twice with the Doobies, with Steely Dan, with Boz Skaggs and Donald Fagen, and on his own. Not a super-fan but I have an appreciation for his musical abilities. Definitely a distinctive voice though and he polarizes people for the reasons you have given.
You and 71 others Like this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

LANDM wrote:He's an incredibly good musician. I've seen him 5 times, twice with the Doobies, with Steely Dan, with Boz Skaggs and Donald Fagen, and on his own. Not a super-fan but I have an appreciation for his musical abilities. Definitely a distinctive voice though and he polarizes people for the reasons you have given.

I wouldn't mind having his talent that's for sure.

I have all the Doobie Brothers music and like it, but facts don't lie and Minute by Minute was their biggest selling album, so what that tells us, is that the consumers spoke, and said that they liked Michael McDonald.

This situation is similar to Country music, in that some of it's aged die hard fans, are all pissy about the direction the music has taken, and in interviews and such blame it on the artists.

I on the other hand agree with Blake Shelton who when asked, simply responded that the ones with such a view should be mad at the people buying the music, and not the artists producing music the masses love. You gotta admit he has a point.

Nothing speaks louder on the subject than music released that no one buys.

We all have our own tastes and nothing wrong with that, but there's no need to slam others for not liking the same thing.

Myself I have zero use for rap, but if someone else likes it, more power to them, listen to it all you like.

I love soft rock, and at one point in my life had no use for country music, whereas now I listen to modern country more than anything else, and some of my favorite artists are young ones just starting out.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I wouldn't mind having his talent that's for sure.

I have all the Doobie Brothers music and like it, but facts don't lie and Minute by Minute was their biggest selling album, so what that tells us, is that the consumers spoke, and said that they liked Michael McDonald.

This situation is similar to Country music, in that some of it's aged die hard fans, are all pissy about the direction the music has taken, and in interviews and such blame it on the artists.

I on the other hand agree with Blake Shelton who when asked, simply responded that the ones with such a view should be mad at the people buying the music, and not the artists producing music the masses love. You gotta admit he has a point.

Nothing speaks louder on the subject than music released that no one buys.

We all have our own tastes and nothing wrong with that, but there's no need to slam others for not liking the same thing.

Myself I have zero use for rap, but if someone else likes it, more power to them, listen to it all you like.

I love soft rock, and at one point in my life had no use for country music, whereas now I listen to modern country more than anything else, and some of my favorite artists are young ones just starting out.

This certainly explains why you like the DBs with MM. hehe

BTW, IMO the masses are the worst judge of musical talent.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
http://www.castanet.net/news/Entertainm ... k-the-Lake

To those who b :cuss: & complained about the loudness last summer, be put on noticed it's happening again.

So maybe think about going out of town this summer concert.
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 13th, 2017, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Meh...i just thrown on You tube play list....good enough for me lol...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

The lineup from above.

Chilliwack!

Now there’s a great, no frills, no gimmicks, just give ‘er rock band that I used to dance to in theirs and my younger years, and I would like to hear them from my back yard any day--just as there's a certain event featuring 'todays' music that I enjoy hearing from my bedroom every year too. People having a good time!

Also, I just watched some of Chilliwacks live stuff from recent gigs that’s been uploaded to Youtube and I’m pretty sure they won’t disappoint.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

To those who were PO last year because of the noise, putting you on warning August 11-13 it is back.
So make plans to be elsewhere if it bothered you last year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”