beancounter
Board Meister

In every cloud...

Post by beancounter »

P65
Fledgling

Re: In every cloud...

Post by P65 »

Awesome! Both the winds last night and the fact that this blight on the landscape is finally gone.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

The Bluffs

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Anyone want to make bets on how long it will take them to clean it up? It's been an eyesore on the alley for her a decade now. Hopefully it gives them some motivation to clean it up.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
techrtr
Übergod

Re: The Bluffs

Post by techrtr »

It's about time. I was wondering why it was taking so long to torch it.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I looked at that graffiti covered dump for the last time? Thank goodness. I was wondering when a fire was going to bring it down. Another embarrassment to the WFN. If only the wind could have knocked down all the billboards. And that lame *bleep* hyw berm.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

logman wrote:I looked at that graffiti covered dump for the last time? Thank goodness. I was wondering when a fire was going to bring it down. Another embarrassment to the WFN. If only the wind could have knocked down all the billboards. And that lame *bleep* hyw berm.

lol
ya just gotta drag that wet soggy diseased blanket around with you, eh?
Let that infestation die. That or it'll take you out in the end.

We are all happy to see the eyesore gone, but let's leave the anti WFN rhetoric stuffed back in your sweaty spot, K?

I always wished the Bluff/Fluff/Pile of Junk'n'Stuff could have worked. It seemed to me to be a great place for such a venue, if the time and planning went into it properly.

Hurdles could have been overcome, but it takes the right business mind to do it. That's all I see that was missing. The right mind.

Ah well, it's gone now. Now we can only hope and wish for a prompt tidy-up so that debris isn't the next bunch of debris pelting my vehicle in the wind. Driving through that area last night during peak gusts was like driving through a tornado. Debris across 97 was horizontal and sounded like sandblasting and hundreds of angry kids throwing sticks and stones at me. Intense it was. Indeed.

Bye Bluffs.
:clapping:
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

if someone had insurance on that....then it was a blessing to them as well.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Symbonite wrote:if someone had insurance on that....then it was a blessing to them as well.

if someone had insurance on that it would have "burned down " accidentally years ago
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Graham Adder wrote:[
lol
ya just gotta drag that wet soggy diseased blanket around with you, eh?
Let that infestation die. That or it'll take you out in the end.

We are all happy to see the eyesore gone, but let's leave the anti WFN rhetoric stuffed back in your sweaty spot, K?

I always wished the Bluff/Fluff/Pile of Junk'n'Stuff could have worked. It seemed to me to be a great place for such a venue, if the time and planning went into it properly.

Hurdles could have been overcome, but it takes the right business mind to do it. That's all I see that was missing. The right mind.

Ah well, it's gone now. Now we can only hope and wish for a prompt tidy-up so that debris isn't the next bunch of debris pelting my vehicle in the wind. Driving through that area last night during peak gusts was like driving through a tornado. Debris across 97 was horizontal and sounded like sandblasting and hundreds of angry kids throwing sticks and stones at me. Intense it was. Indeed.

Bye Bluffs.
:clapping:

I agree
Black Dogs Matter
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well now that the area is clear they can make a another video board facing Kelowna in its spot...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”