Street Racing

OgopogoO
Board Meister

Re: Street Racing

Post by OgopogoO »

For next vehicle purchase in two years or less I'll get a dashcam installed (front & back) to record the idiocy I see every day on our roads. ICBC also accepts video evidence now so if you're ever at the receiving end of bad driving you can use footage against the driver.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

OgopogoO wrote:For next vehicle purchase in two years or less I'll get a dashcam installed (front & back) to record the idiocy I see every day on our roads. ICBC also accepts video evidence now so if you're ever at the receiving end of bad driving you can use footage against the driver.

impo dashcams should be auto manufacturer optional equipment
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

that is where I used to do my racing :up:
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

hupur wrote:sorry but it was up to you to get the license plate numbers...not just come on here and bad mouth all the young female drivers of pick up trucks as bad agressive drivers who will run over someone!you obviously are a complainer who is to lazy to go the extra step to stop this whole racing thing..either quit complaining or at least get a picture of this crime

You reading something different than the rest of us?
Seems to me to have been a one time thing, and the chances of getting out there and taking a pic or writing the plate down are very likely slim to nil. Experience should dictate that. Are you experienced?

I'm glad to see the poster post. It gives a heads up to others in the area, as well as an opportunity for anyone that might have seen the same two "asshats" rippin' up the hop-scotch lines. Hopefully you're not taking this so personal on account of being one of the hats made for donkeys.

I wish I had known then what I know now.
I'd have pulled over and walked up to those snarling crusty old people and begged them to kick my stupid butt and take my keys away. I had no idea what I was putting at risk driving like a damned fool. I had no idea what a destroyed family looks like in the moment nor over the years of devastation.

Once you've seen that kind of damage and the utter loss, trauma and hardship your actions can create in he bat of an eye, it changes you forever. Sadness becomes a very real and daily part of your existence.

People need to think. You don't have to learn every hard lesson your own way. Some lessons are best learned through others' mistakes.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I am a reformed former Kelowna streetracer... It was a lot different back a few decades.. Still very dangerous and stupid at best.
In those days lots of outlaw tracks .. Byrns rd, Glenmore, Black mtn, Joe Riche, sometimes Bernard and 97.and more Swamp rd , etc.. And some semi legal, like Cawston, Oliver, Salmon Arm (battleground lol) Barriere, Kamloops.
And finally a few legal ones ..besides Mission... Thunder Mountain , Ashcroft, Osooyoos........probably missed some..
If theres nowhere to play, people act up...government sometimes does not realize. that....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I am a reformed former Kelowna streetracer... It was a lot different back a few decades.. Still very dangerous and stupid at best.
In those days lots of outlaw tracks .. Byrns rd, Glenmore, Black mtn, Joe Riche, sometimes Bernard and 97.and more Swamp rd , etc.. And some semi legal, like Cawston, Oliver, Salmon Arm (battleground lol) Barriere, Kamloops.
And finally a few legal ones ..besides Mission... Thunder Mountain , Ashcroft, Osooyoos........probably missed some..
If theres nowhere to play, people act up...government sometimes does not realize. that....

Re-read my post for my opinion on this crap, don't be blaming government be blaming those who feel entitled to race on city streets.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I don't think it is to say that government is at fault, or that the entitled are not accountable.
It does carry truth however, that when all of the fun is taken from the party, the people get restless and start throwing things.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

We should know from the tests of time that racing in the streets is not cool.
Once upon a time, street racing was limited to big heavy slugs compared to what kids drive today.
As the cars and speeds and power to weight ratios have changed, so too should our recognition of the threat and hazards of behaving like you don't know any better.
I could almost use that excuse. I didn't know any better. I really didn't, although I did know it was illegal to drive dangerous or reckless, or to speed and squeal tires. What I didn't know was that the real reasons are unthinkable.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I am not blaming the government, or at least not expecting them to pay..they probably never have in BC..
But take away skateboard parks, motocross parks, dirt track racing , oval track, roadracing, go karts, ski hills, , mountainbike and bmx parks...and what do you think the young people are going to do.... Think on that..
Then we have Utah..
Bonneville Speedway..85 miles from SLC
Miller Motorsports ..30 miles from SLC
Then in the city limits..a motocross park, drift track, dragstrip, and probably more WItHIN the CITY LIMITS... :130:
And a big hillclimb other way out of town.......
Two of the above are world known and bring in huge tourist bux..

But when private enterprise wants to build something here, they get presented with a wide array of hurdles...
Its BC,s loss, and mostly a few US states big gain..

Now if it was wine tractor racing..... Then the govt may see the $$$$$$$$$$ Signs.....or maybe not..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “Central Okanagan”