Ski Hills Ready for OD's

techrtr
Übergod

Ski Hills Ready for OD's

Post by techrtr »

Does anyone else think that maybe we should just let nature take its course?

edited to add the link
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#177590
Last edited by Triple 6 on Oct 5th, 2016, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link added.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Re: Ski Hills Ready for OD's

Post by Nasturtium »

Svendsen said the department has dealt with several overdoses in the past and they fear the use of the kits this year may be inevitable. While they have not dealt with a fentanyl-related overdose, it is expected this year.

“Fentanyl is a serious concern to everybody in the province,” said Svendsen.

“We have a lot guests that come from out of country up here that visit us and participate at the resort. Last year, we had quite a few overdoses, so these kids are getting the stuff. The potential is there now.”

He said hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world come to the resort and many from out of town may not know about the fentanyl crisis in B.C., nor know that it is being found in more common party drugs like cocaine.

This needs to be addressed Warnings of the potential for Fentanyl laced drugs should be "in their face" repeatedly, in different languages - hotels, rentals, on ski hill maps, restaurants and bars
We leak as rivers
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:Does anyone else think that maybe we should just let nature take its course?

edited to add the link
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#177590

omg ,what next, have them in pre school ,corner stores etc,etc talk about dummying down society , own you poop people, do drugs you might die, but oooooooooooo no lets all do drugs and hope someone is around with a naloxone kit to bring me back to life.
people are just getting so pathetic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

First off I apologize if I come across cold not my intention, just being realistic.
As I've said in other threads on this... if you play with fire you will get burned, not maybe.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

NO ONE should lose their life for experimenting with drugs.

The Fentynal laced drugs, now available, are lethal.

I'd rather get the message out, than have anyone have to face an OD - user or witness
We leak as rivers
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

this has been discussed on the other thread. People are gonna use drugs, alcohol, pot, coke etc
Problem with this situation is these folks are coming from parts far and wide, who do these recreational drugs with no problems as of yet. They have no idea some folks are killing the drug users in this part of the world.

I agree with Nasturtium's post, education is key to controlling this situation.Then if they still want to take the chance well then there own stupidity will thin out the dumb ones
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vinnied wrote:this has been discussed on the other thread. People are gonna use drugs, alcohol, pot, coke etc
Problem with this situation is these folks are coming from parts far and wide, who do these recreational drugs with no problems as of yet. They have no idea some folks are killing the drug users in this part of the world.

I agree with Nasturtium's post, education is key to controlling this situation.Then if they still want to take the chance well then there own stupidity will thin out the dumb ones

education is key lol lol everyone out there knows they should not no drugs and fentanyl is out there and might kill you, look at those 5 :cuss: that did cocaine last week and all od they were all well to do people from the sounds of it , but did drugs anyway
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ really simple fix to this problem, don't experiment in first place.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Yep i drive my car close to 300kph on occasion (not on public roads of course), I know the risks but I do it anyhow. Same as doin blow or whatever drug you like .....it can happen to you and me and the next guy. Don't feel bad for anyone who ODs and dies...never will.
Sure do love Rutland!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Nasturtium wrote:NO ONE should lose their life for experimenting with drugs.

The Fentynal laced drugs, now available, are lethal.

I'd rather get the message out, than have anyone have to face an OD - user or witness

if people still chose to do drugs knowing fentynal is out there, says every thing I need to know about them
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

the truth wrote:

education is key lol lol everyone out there knows they should not no drugs and fentanyl is out there and might kill you, look at those 5 :cuss: that did cocaine last week and all od they were all well to do people from the sounds of it , but did drugs anyway

But thats the problem. Everyone does not know fentanyl is out there. especially folks flying in from other parts of the world. Thats what the news story is basically about
Look im not saying its ok to be using drugs, But I do acknowledge that folks do do it, right or wrong. And you'd be surprised at who does.
ETA: Do you really believe those 5 people knew they were doing fentanyl?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

GordonH wrote:^^^ really simple fix to this problem, don't experiment in first place.

yeah well that is not going to happen
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

voice-I am sure they were educated enough to know better they were locals ,not from out of the country,plus if I went to an other country why the hell would I do and buy drugs and end up in jail in an other country
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:^^^ really simple fix to this problem, don't experiment in first place.

but they look like they can not have a good time without doing drugs

Return to “Central Okanagan”