Ski Hills Ready for OD's

Nasturtium
Board Meister

Re: Ski Hills Ready for OD's

Post by Nasturtium »

In regards to your edit: Welcome to the problem with drugs in America. People do drugs; this is a fact. Many people are addicted already. This guy giving out tips is good, because the people buying heroin are already doing heroin. Now they can do it without dying.
I can't understand people being against education or practical things like clean needle dispensation. People are doing the drugs and there is no way to fix addiction. That would mean being able to fix the reasons people do drugs, which is very very hard. Curbing the ill-effects of addiction is very possible and way easier than ending addiction. However, society has to get past the stigma of addiction and focus on the addict as person worth more than disdain or disgust.
The Phillipines is extreme in their attitude towards drug users; attitudes in the U.S. are often only a few degrees away .
permalinkembedparent
[–]Tokiehardo 150 points 5 days ago
It's the same logic as people who preach abstinence only.
They think you shouldn't be doing it, and if you do it, then you deserve all the pains of Hell that come with it.
Not really a good way to improve a society. But I don't think that's the goal.

Drugs have been around as long as the human race

Realizing the potential of praying on the weak, unwanted, undesirable is now the goal of Phillipines president Duterte.

From what i'm reading, Duterte's philosophy is alive and well in Kelowna
We leak as rivers
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

really--bs- last time I checked nothing like that here is going on,,drama much
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

just do pot....you wont have to lose your life. plus it smells better than smelling salts and kickstarting kits. lol
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I get half fulla wine and they lock me up on the city bucket.
And booze is legal.
I get half fulla some illegally obtained garbage that some thug makes and I support his criminal tax free enterprise and society coddles me and feels sorry for me.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

This *bleep*'s the truth, scary as hell. That's a lethal dose of Fent vs Heroin. Glad I don't touch drugs.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JBX wrote:This *bleep*'s the truth, scary as hell. That's a lethal dose of Fent vs Heroin. Glad I don't touch drugs.

even more of a reason not to do drugs
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

the truth wrote:even more of a reason not to do drugs

Comfortably Numb

We leak as rivers
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

THIS SONG IS NOT ABOUT DRUGS http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1697
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

JBX wrote:This *bleep*'s the truth, scary as hell. That's a lethal dose of Fent vs Heroin. Glad I don't touch drugs.

Jesus
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and people still do drugs, junkies is one thing they can not stop but your once in a while people with half a brain like those at the wedding 2 weeks ago who od should of known better
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

I think a lot of the problem is people are nieve enough to trust their sources.. I find myself constantly educating/lecturing peope I know that are still into the recreational drug scene...
I don't know how many times I've heard "I know but I get mine from so and so and they've been doing it for years and they do it themselves..I've known them forever...I know it doesn't have fentanyl" you explain to these people that by the time their source has gotten it its been through many others that have already possibly cut it. Just because one line from the bag is good does not mean the next one is as well.
People are often young and dumb and don't believe it will happen to them.
I was just as young and dumb when I was younger..you used to hear of occasional person od'ing or getting bad mdma but it was rare and usually because of taking to much, not fentanyl laced poisoned drugs...we knew there was a risk but minimal.
Now with fentanyl though it's very scary out there and I don't think everyone realizes how serious it is and how much of a risk it is until someone they personally know ods.
I think it's great we are training people, opening safe injection sites ect.. to try and prevent deaths of seriously addicted and recreational users.
We can keep trying to chase the problem saving people from fentanyl overdoses after the fact but I don't see the situation changing..
We imo should be decriminalizing and regulating drug sources. Clean drugs would save lives of users and prevent fentanyl ods and at same time remove some profits from criminals and divert those profits to legal source/government to use profits to reduce harm instead of enrich drug dealers that are putting fentanyl in the supply killing people.

Of course we can also simply remove all the reasons peoplpe decide to use drugs/self medicate ect and continue to tell people drugs are bad and not to do them...but if last 45+ yrs of failed war on drugs has shown us....just say no doesn't seem to work and the reasons for addiction/use are almost countless...as such I don't see drug use going away anytime soon... so it's good we are trying to reduce harms of use atleast. It's great ski hills are being proactive thinking of their guests and how they can hopefully save some lives!
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

No sympathy.

If you're dumb enough to experiment with drugs knowing what's out there RIGHT NOW, then you deserve it. Darwinism
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

techrtr wrote:Does anyone else think that maybe we should just let nature take its course?

edited to add the link
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#177590

Um, would you like to pull out all the defibrillators from arenas and airports, etc....because when it's your time, it's your time to go.

Just silly.

When I was in high school we had a pro wrestling event in our school's gym. It was unrelated to our school it just happened to take place there. Anyway, several students went to the event and during a particularly rowdy part of the event an elderly, fat gentleman had a heart attack. I wonder how many of the 'just let those scum die' would express the same base sentiment about this man.
Last edited by Nomaster on Oct 6th, 2016, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

fvkasm2x wrote:No sympathy.

If you're dumb enough to experiment with drugs knowing what's out there RIGHT NOW, then you deserve it. Darwinism

People with this type of attitudevent are the type I'd really like to see have a loved one son/daughter experiment with drugs and od/die and see if attitude is still the same...my kid was dumb so *bleep* it they deserved to die...somehow I think theyd end up making excuses of how they never wouldve imagined their kids would do it, they were raised different ect....
The only reason I don't wish that on anyone is because no one deserves addiction especially if they don't have any support or their loved ones simply don't care...
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

One cousin of mine died of an OD in an Oslo apartment.

One friend's little sister died of an OD in East End of Vancouver. She, the deceased, was a sex abuse victim who had a miserable life and coped (in the only way she knew how) with a street drug. She was from a nice Finnish family... Just for those inclined to spew anti-Natives BS.

ODs happen to individuals with family, friends, mates, kids.... They are real people.

Return to “Central Okanagan”