New businesses coming to West Kelowna

Zoso
Übergod

Re: New businesses coming to West Kelowna

Post by Zoso »

kgcayenne wrote:
I am interested in seeing how you proposed they deal with the trailer park and bringing in enough fill to create a road where there currently exists a steep slope.

Boot them out . Shore and retain the slope, or have an exit ramp decend to the boat place . Fill is the least of worries .
Strong and free
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Fancy wrote:Wouldn't it have to connect with Horizon Drive? More congestion and stop signs.

How does having more options create congestion .
Strong and free
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Boot them out? Who does that?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Its not a Westcorp project...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Dizzy, wouldn't you be happier if a new De Havilland (am I dating myself) or Boeing dealership opened up? Or are you multi-modal?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Funny spot for a Chevron. Not too many gas stations built where they can't be seen from the highway. I agree that traffic will be too much for that area. That round about will be a constant not so merry go round of traffic.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Oct 20th, 2016, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment
Strong and free
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Oct 20th, 2016, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Zoso wrote:Boot them out .

Some municipalities are contemplating incorporating strict guidelines on closing down of mobile home parks if they haven't done so already. No owner will want the negative publicity of evicted tenants trying to find somewhere to go and this scenario has made the papers before. Who's to say the owner wants to sell?
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Im sure the dot would help you or whomever relocate , I think there is enough room within the right away to do this without upsetting . At least its not reserve land .
Strong and free
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The park was for sale at over 4 million dollars (not sure if it is still on the market). Some of those homes would not fit into the criteria required at other parks. Expropriation has made the news the last couple of days and it can be complicated.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Forgot to mention the improvements at Boucherie and Westlake Roads are already in the works - priorities.
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/drivin ... -guide.pdf
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

dodgerdodge wrote:I noticed that the new buildings that are going up just off the roundabout on Industrial rd and Stevens rd will be a Chevron gas station and town pantry and an A&W. There is still one unit remaining available. Also noticed today that opposite, next to the Maternity place the sign says Medical clinic. Anyone know if this is a new one or a relocation for an existing, that is assuming its a walk in.

I figured that it'd be a Chevron gas station, given the look of the steel framing at the entrance to the building. However, I thought it'd be a Triple O's as, typically, Chevron incorporates a Triple O's franchise into its outlet. A bit surprised about the A&W as they have gone downhill in recent years (particularly, since they changed their french fries to be more of a "natural" look and keeping the "skins" on the fries) and, I'd imagine, the current West Kelowna A&W franchisee won't like that. ;)

Any confirmation on the A&W?

A medical clinic in PrairieWest Centre is an interesting idea, though perhaps Subway will still consider putting it in another outlet in that area. West Kelowna doesn't have enough Subways relative to its population as they always seem quite busy. It could also be a good location for another law office.

I'm guessing the owner of PrairieWest Centre, Brett Wilson, owns this new development?

Cheers,
Doug
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

kgcayenne wrote:I am interested in seeing how you proposed they deal with the trailer park and bringing in enough fill to create a road where there currently exists a steep slope.

Good point, kgcayenne! A few years ago, I was walking from Westlake & Hudson roads to Boucherie road via Highway 97, at night time, and it kinda freaked me out how narrow of a "pathway" (if you can call it that!) there was - a couple missteps and someone could easily go tumbling down that hillside. Bringing in a lot of preload, perhaps supported by a massive retaining wall, might fix this but it'd be really expensive. I suspect that'll be 75 years out when all the other "prime" highway frontage land in West Kelowna is gone. ;)

Cheers,
Doug
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

Fancy wrote:Forgot to mention the improvements at Boucherie and Westlake Roads are already in the works - priorities.
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/drivin ... -guide.pdf

Good point. It'd going through (and so it should), despite the City of West Kelowna's mysterious opposition to it (again, they prefer to "drag their feet" on development insisting on "ending the town centre one-way couplet" and a hugely expensive bypass!). :(

Cheers,
Doug

Return to “Central Okanagan”