Peachland Has a Hard Heart

damama55
Übergod

Peachland Has a Hard Heart

Post by damama55 »

Sooooo very sad to see and hear of Peachland stopping a Mom from putting flowers on a bench in memory of her beloved murdered daughter. The reason?? Because ONE person complained that it made him/her feel sad. Seriously?? Does that mean soon they will be baring flowers in gardens, or hanging from town poles?? Peachland, I used to love going to visit there, and to sit by the lake, just to enjoy the views of the lake and the many people that walk, or stop to rest, by there.
Soooo sorry for the Mom that lost her daughter, and now has more pain to endure. Shame on Peachland's councillors. :(
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Peachland Has a Hard Heart

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Oh good grief.....

No Flowers ? REALLY ??

SHAME on the one asshat that bitched about that and even MORE shame on the three councilors who voted no...

You're all just DORKS.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

oh you are sad ? what about the family of the person who died? im sure they are sadder .i am pretty disappointed by peachland in this case
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Sure gives beautiful Peachland a black eye, in my opinion. I used to go and just enjoy the area. NOT any more. I think we all should start a petition to help this Mom in remembrance of her beautiful daughter taken too young and waaaaaay too soon.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe more people should just put flowers by the bench to show their support.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I am absolutely disgusted that the Peachland council would even consider banning a mother from putting flowers on her daughters memorial bench. It seems that the feelings of some whining sniveler are more important than the feelings of a mother that has lost her daughter.
I was part of the team that tried to save Ashlee that night, but due to the nature of the injuries we were unable to.
I was, still am, and will continue to be very sad about the events of that night.
I have gone by that bench hundreds of times. I have seen Ashlee's mother, family and friends at that bench, and seen many flowers left there as a gesture of love and respect.
The Council wants to ban flowers on that bench because someone feels sad. Maybe we should get rid of the cemetary, people are sad there. Maybe we should get rid of the cenotaph, it makes people sad.
It makes me sad that there are members on the Council that would consider such nonsense, getting rid of them would be a fantastic improvement to Peachland.
Black Dogs Matter
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Wow ! ! Well said, and WELL SAID. I sincerely hope that council will rethink their actions. I, for one, am going to tell everyone about how absurd their actions are. Bless you, for trying to help the young woman. I know your heart hurts, too.
dmctighe

Post by dmctighe »

Hopefully Peachland Council will find some compassion on November 8th. Councillor Keith Thom, who initially voted against this issue, has brought forward a motion to revisit it at that time. The Mayor was absent from the initial vote, and is rumored to be a supporter of Charrie and her Memorial bench.
There is a letter recently posted to Castanet outlining some "heavier than required" handling of some Chalk-Art near the bench in question by a Peachland Employee, I witnessed the altercation, It's worth a read.....

http://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/17 ... -Peachland.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe more people should just put flowers by the bench to show their support.

I'm in.... Bman , I need a ride Friday after work.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

What a beautiful, thoughtful and caring young person Amanda is. I read the story, and couldn't help the tears that welled up. What is going on in Peachland?? We always complain about the young people of today--they DON'T care about anybody or anything other than their iphones or whatever. Here is a beautiful young teen showing she does care, and what happens?? She more or less gets slapped in the face. What a shame. And, a real shame again, on Peachland. Amanda, Dear, don't stop caring and showing you care about, and love your family and friends. I am sure they are proud to know you and love you, too. :) Hugs, Dear, and keep strong.
Gem22

Post by Gem22 »

Oh....and you must all go read the Letter to the Editor...Chalk Art in Peachland. How can a bit of chalk cause that kind of reaction. What a piece of work that asshat is!! Too bad it isn't known who the jerk was.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe more people should just put flowers by the bench to show their support.

I agree. If someone wants to plan a day and post a letter on castanet maybe a large group of people would come down and put flowers on the bench or draw flowers on the sidwalk on support of this family and show peachland council how cold they are.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

They never cease to amaze .. Make peachland great again .
Strong and free
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Central Okanagan”