Old BC Tree Fruit Packinghouse land sold

SteWe
Fledgling

Old BC Tree Fruit Packinghouse land sold

Post by SteWe »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/178294/Fruit-packers-site-sold

"People were envisioning really high-end industrial. We had people talking about doing mixed use and residential. Everybody had a different vision of what they wanted to do."

What could "high-end industrial" mean I wonder?

And on the corner of Clement and Richter, there was a smaller bit of land listed by Re/Max that was sold as well, pretty much at the same time. Hmm...
kelownawriter
Fledgling

Re: Old BC Tree Fruit Packinghouse land sold

Post by kelownawriter »

I'm very curious about this too, mostly because I bus/walk past this five days a week.

When they were doing demolition, there was a piece of inside wall that had some rather unique artwork of some children on it. For a few weeks that wall piece was left standing while the crew demo'd and cleaned up around it. Then one day it disappeared, but I didn't noticed in any of the rubble any signs of the art. I'm curious as to if that was preserved, and if so, where it went!
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

The mural was an art project done in 2014. That piece of wall was up for sale or would be demolished.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

kelownawriter wrote:I'm very curious about this too, mostly because I bus/walk past this five days a week.

When they were doing demolition, there was a piece of inside wall that had some rather unique artwork of some children on it. For a few weeks that wall piece was left standing while the crew demo'd and cleaned up around it. Then one day it disappeared, but I didn't noticed in any of the rubble any signs of the art. I'm curious as to if that was preserved, and if so, where it went!

Maybe Lois Lane got dibs. Arent they right across the street?
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Central Okanagan”