Tis the season, and I'm exempt

mexi cali
Guru

Tis the season, and I'm exempt

Post by mexi cali »

I know we have had threads dedicated to this topic before, but it's been a while. Now, I watched this bozo thinking that he was "just going to run in and out" and be gone in the time it took me to walk from my car to the store. Nope. He serviced several shops in the area.

And yes, that is a handicap stall.

Is this OK?

Ferri?

And the license number not being blacked out shouldn't be an issue. This is not a private vehicle.

seriously.JPG
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
lightspeed
Guru

Re: tis the season, and I'm exempt

Post by lightspeed »

Similar today - a man in a white van "making deliveries" parked blocking a lane downtown. Forced people to go around him into the incoming traffic.

Dude was sitting there texting....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

lightspeed wrote:Dude was sitting there texting....

Better than driving & texting. No?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Triple 6 wrote:
Better than driving & texting. No?
Yes.

Blocking downtown? No.

Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

lightspeed wrote:Blocking downtown? No.

well ya can't win em all. Either way stupidity at it's finest!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Triple 6 wrote:well ya can't win em all. Either way stupidity at it's finest!

Aye.

phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Id take a tiny guess that maybe pre arranged quick stops can happen at said unloading points?
Sure do love Rutland!!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Well, may be he thought people going to Clothes For Fat People Store can use some extra walking.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Lol complaining about deliver driver blocking spaces while your shopping..... ultimate irony. As every single thing you buy was delivered by a truck.
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Abuse of handicapped parking is sadly very abused in Kelowna, particularly in shopping store or mall parking lots where no one enforces. To name a few abuses: Parking in a handicapped stall and the handicapped person remains in the car. Drivers using a handicapped sticker they have for a handicapped person and the handicapped person is not with them. Parking in a handicapped spot without being handicapped and no sticker. And, like the op posts delivery vans using them.

I often sit in the car while my wife runs into a store and it is interesting to just observe what happens in these spots reserved for the handicapped. Shame on those abusing.

We have a sticker for my wife's 97 year old mother for when we take her to appointments. It stays in the glove compartment unless she is with us and has to be taken in for an appointment.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Even Steven wrote:Well, may be he thought people going to Clothes For Fat People Store can use some extra walking.

Easy now. I shop there because "regular" stores seem to think everyone is 5'11" and 175lbs. They dont' cater to 6'3" 270. No big boy clothes at the Bay. I tried and I left defeated and dejected.

All hard as steel muscle by the by. [icon_lol2.gif]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Easy now. I shop there because "regular" stores seem to think everyone is 5'11" and 175lbs. They dont' cater to 6'3" 270. No big boy clothes at the Bay. I tried and I left defeated and dejected.

You got that right. I'm a bit taller and a bit lighter than you, and it's a *bleep* getting cloths !!!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:
Easy now. I shop there because "regular" stores seem to think everyone is 5'11" and 175lbs. They dont' cater to 6'3" 270. No big boy clothes at the Bay. I tried and I left defeated and dejected.

Quoted for solidarity....not a single XXL winter jacket at the Bay yesterday....>Discrimination? I think yes.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

trapp wrote:Drivers using a handicapped sticker they have for a handicapped person and the handicapped person is not with them.

While I am aware that some people may do this, there are also disabilities that are not visible. So you may think because someone is young, and appears able bodied, they may actually have a disability and need to use that spot/have a sticker.
hail Satan y'all
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Tis the season, and I'm exempt

Post by lesliepaul »

mexicalidreamer wrote:
Even Steven wrote:Well, may be he thought people going to Clothes For Fat People Store can use some extra walking.

All hard as steel muscle by the by.

I bet you still have the "washboard" abs............but it now resides under a protective layer of "washtub"...........like the majority of us.

Return to “Central Okanagan”