At Wits End With Noise | A Question

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: At Wits End With Noise | A Question

Post by kgcayenne »

salembell wrote:...lowering your 'standards' a bit...babies are known to be NOISY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Low societal standards is what has created the rental shiznit-show next to where this family is living.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kgcayenne wrote:I've lived beside people who are chronic consumers of alcohol. I'll take the pot smoke over the recreatin' in the front yard/carport any day. Alcohol imbibing doesn't make anyone quieter OR SMARTER, so you can only imagine the nature of conversation we heard inside our home.

I can't stand the smell of pot but certainly understand the over consumption of alcohol raises the noise level to an alarming degree. I can handle the once in a while neighbourhood parties because it's not an every day occurrence and I've thrown a few in my day but to live with a constant barrage of noise where you can't even hear your own TV is beyond acceptable. What to do.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Sell and move.

Our experience was 3-5 days a week beginning around 4pm year-round. They and their guests (usually 3 or 4) were chain-smokers, so everything took place outside; in the winter they used a heater.
salembell

Post by salembell »

kgcayenne wrote:
salembell wrote:...lowering your 'standards' a bit...babies are known to be NOISY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Low societal standards is what has created the rental shiznit-show next to where this family is living.

your profile says WestKelowna...can you hear them from there?
since when does having to rent a place to live become the reason society has become too 'low' for you? :135:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What does someone's profile have to do with anything? People move. And sometimes forced to.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

kgcayenne wrote:

salembell wrote:your profile says WestKelowna...can you hear them from there?
since when does having to rent a place to live become the reason society has become too 'low' for you? :135:

Landlord with low standards = problem tenants in his house. You are reading far too much into it.
salembell

Post by salembell »

Fancy wrote:What does someone's profile have to do with anything? People move. And sometimes forced to.

I said...........your profile says WestKelowna...can you hear them from there?

do you detect sarcasm ?? :biggrin:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Downtown's probably not the best place to move if you are looking for a quiet lifestyle all the time. There are always people coming and going and stuff going on. It's busy. It's noisy at times. It's also relaxed. There are a lot of working class people in my neighbourhood and we are fairly social with each other. My alleyway is like King of the Hill. But we like that. My babies slept just fine and still do.

We have a few uptight folks that come through every once in awhile and it throws the whole neighbourhood out of whack until they move on. We had bylaw show up at 1 o'clock on a Friday afternoon because the music was too loud while doing chores around the house. My other neighbours have them come at least weekly. We always are respectful and apologize for wasting their time and the officers are very understanding. They know who's calling. It could have easily been avoided if they did a bit more legwork BEFORE moving into the neighbourhood to see if it was a good fit for them. Call bylaw and ask for # of incident reports in a neighbourhood first. Or just drive through on a Friday night.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

JLives wrote:Or just drive through on a Friday night.

For at least two years, we were checking out neighbourhoods. The most informative time was on long weekends through summer. Later, when it came time to buy, we could narrow down our areas of interest and not waste ours or our realtor's time. I hope the family featured in this article are able to take similar actions and find the right fit.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's something we didn't have the luxury of doing - check out neighbourhoods ahead of time at different times of the week/weekend/ Great idea.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Fancy wrote:That's something we didn't have the luxury of doing - check out neighbourhoods ahead of time at different times of the week/weekend/ Great idea.

We did the opposite. We viewed the place at night and then when we came to move in we realized there was a major construction project right behind the house that would be going for a few years. We ended up moving a few months later.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yikes. There's nothing more frustrating than finding out after the fact of a major project. Sometimes people don't think of what may be going in a vacant lot - and what is proposed can always change.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Queen K wrote:I'm at wits end with the pot smokers beside me. I don't smoke anything so having their junk coming over here every day or second day is upsetting. And they've settled in quite nicely, unlike the dozens of people who moved out due to noise above them from a huge family sharing one suite.

It's not like alcohol where imbibing is private, it's filling my air space.

Now tell me to move it anyone wants but it's the renters who should move out, not the people who worked hard to get what they've got.

My bf and I lived in the basement suite of someone very similar. They also rented the top floor, and we rented the walk out basement. They felt they had the right to do whatever they wanted, owned the back yard, parking spaces etc all because they paid more rent. The mom and two sons also smoked weed in the house, which would fill our suite with the stench of weed. Which was great when the smell got into our clothes, or when we had friends and family over. When we tried to talk to them about it, they just denied even doing it. Even though we both know what weed smells like, and they were growing a pot plant in the back yard. It eventually escalated to aggression on their part (on multiple situations we were scared the mom was going to hit my bf), and the landlord didn't care at all. Thank goodness we didn't sign a lease, and moved within 3 months.

Obviously if you own it is a totally different situation, but as a renter the best thing we could do was move.
hail Satan y'all
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Noisy neighbour's are just inconsiderate :cuss: holes, impo should be treated just that way.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

if they party all night then sleep all day before you leave for work in the morning put a speaker in the window in the direction of their bedroom crank up some twangin hillbilly music and go to work they will either get be quieter or move

Return to “Central Okanagan”