Rutland Community

hype14
Fledgling

Rutland Community

Post by hype14 »

I am starting this thread for all things 'Rutland'.

I love Rutland and have lived in this area for my whole life so far. I truly believe that the Rutland Community has lots to offer and though we may have our issues like other areas of Kelowna, it is a wonderful place to work, live, play, and bring up a family.

Please feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, concerns, and the like and please try to be as respectful as possible :)
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Rutland Community

Post by gman313 »

removed. previous posters post.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 3rd, 2017, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed previos posters quote.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

I was not saying Rutland is not a part of Kelowna, in fact it is one of the largest tax paying bases. Each area has potential for uniqueness within the larger city, why not appreciate that? Many larger cities do foster this type of thinking, especially if it is a community building effort.
Last edited by wanderer on Jan 3rd, 2017, 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm quite happy here in Rutland. :130:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just completed a short term work stint in Rutland and quite honestly, it's tough to have found a better place.

Nice everything. Never wanted for parking. Great stores and yes, thrift stores. Nice properties! I have this vision that if most of the big property owners formed a gardening and small plot farming inititative, Rutland could save Kelowna from starvation if they amalgamated.

Great FleaMarket every Sunday. Got my best produce there from one vendor.

So I have to ask, what the heck is the problem?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
r96vl
Fledgling

Post by r96vl »

toughbeans wrote:I am starting this thread for all things 'Rutland'.

I love Rutland and have lived in this area for my whole life so far. I truly believe that the Rutland Community has lots to offer and though we may have our issues like other areas of Kelowna, it is a wonderful place to work, live, play, and bring up a family.

Please feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, concerns, and the like and please try to be as respectful as possible :)

Hey nice to see good positive things, I love living in Rutland too and have for many years. We do have many things to offer and hope someday more will come to Rutland. We are our own community and help each other out, that's why I am proud to say I am from Rutland. :130:
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

r96vl wrote:
toughbeans wrote:I am starting this thread for all things 'Rutland'.

Hey nice to see good positive things, I love living in Rutland too and have for many years. We do have many things to offer and hope someday more will come to Rutland. We are our own community and help each other out, that's why I am proud to say I am from Rutland. :130:

What is the point of this thread? Why do you want more people to come to Rutland? You guys make it seem like Rutland is in a different country.
hype14
Fledgling

Post by hype14 »

The idea behind this thread is simply to promote the Rutland Community and to share information.

Why not come to Rutland? :) ...and everyone is welcome to their own opinion :)
ex union guy

Post by ex union guy »

It would be nice if Rutland had something like the downtown business association in Kelowna.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

ex union guy wrote:It would be nice if Rutland had something like the downtown business association in Kelowna.

You mean something like the 'Uptown Rutland Business Association" aka "URBA"?

www.ourrutland.ca
ex union guy

Post by ex union guy »

Thanks Food smith
Is it just a web site or do they have people like the Kelowna one ?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I don't live in Rutland, but I've worked there since 2004, and I've lived in Rutland four different times (ahh, to be a renter most of your life). Nothing about Rutland itself ever made me want to get out, despite living twice in not-especially-nice neighbourhoods (including one that was a Molotov throw away from Hein Rd). Never had a problem with the attitude of people there, nor had a reason not to patronize any business there. One thing I appreciate about the people in the Rutland community is they've never wasted their time trying to earn the favour of the bluebloods in other parts of the city.

We're deliriously happy in the neighbourhood we're in now, but if we had occasion to move, I'd have no problem going back to Rutland.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

ex union guy wrote:Thanks Food smith
Is it just a web site or do they have people like the Kelowna one ?

URBA is a real functioning association made up of real people. Some more-specific info:

http://www.ourrutland.ca/urba/
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
hellanhunt

Post by hellanhunt »

the biggest advertisement i think they have is about drinking {{ the after hours}} ????

what else goes on there/ how do they operate and what are their finances

they don't post their finances or minutes why is that :130:
Dr.Shave : need a trim ?
hellanhunt

Post by hellanhunt »

why is it when i look up Rutland Parks Society it comes up under urba /our rutland

are the one of the same ?

or does RPS have their own site ?
Dr.Shave : need a trim ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”