Mounties block bridge

westbankkid
Übergod

Re: Mounties block bridge

Post by westbankkid »

This is some of our FANTASTIC???? judges at work...
This is some of the convictions they had and the result. Makes you wonder how some of the judges got their jobs. Ohhh wait... Probably Liberal appointees.

Additionally, Dennison had been convicted of two charges of possession of stolen property over $5,000 for two separate incidents on May 25 and June 1, 2016, but he served no jail time for these crimes.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

so what were the Penticton police "suspicious" about? Doesn't say....and so how can they be charged with all that other stuff if none of that - the found guns etc - were the reason the vehicle looked "suspicious"? Isn't this just like "butt-guy"? Car in that instance got pulled over for one thing, but they tried to get the passenger on something else they found after they pulled that car over and look how well that went. What's the difference here? Maybe it's been a long week and I have fuzzy-brain but sounds pretty similar to me
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Could have matched stolen description, for one thing.. or had a stolen plate that that they noticed..
As soon as they get thru court and Castanet posts... expect a thread from you know who..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

dle wrote:so what were the Penticton police "suspicious" about? Doesn't say....and so how can they be charged with all that other stuff if none of that - the found guns etc - were the reason the vehicle looked "suspicious"? Isn't this just like "butt-guy"? Car in that instance got pulled over for one thing, but they tried to get the passenger on something else they found after they pulled that car over and look how well that went. What's the difference here? Maybe it's been a long week and I have fuzzy-brain but sounds pretty similar to me

Completely different than the "butt" guy. The police can stop anyone to check that the driver has a drivers licence so
he broke the law the instance he didn't stop for the police the first time. Regardless of why they were stopping him, all the offences he committed after that he is responsible for. Where did it say that they found guns?
If he had stopped and they didn't have reasonable and probable grounds to search the car, then anything found inside could not be used as evidence against him, which is esentially what happened to Butt guy.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

westbankkid wrote:This is some of our FANTASTIC???? judges at work...
This is some of the convictions they had and the result. Makes you wonder how some of the judges got their jobs. Ohhh wait... Probably Liberal appointees.

Additionally, Dennison had been convicted of two charges of possession of stolen property over $5,000 for two separate incidents on May 25 and June 1, 2016, but he served no jail time for these crimes.

I am assuming that your talking about the Federal Liberals.

As many of their children get raped and murdered as Conservatives, so why would they want scum like that roaming the streets.

I seem to recall Jean Chrétien passing legistation making criminal sentances longer. The court system overruled it.

I also seem to recall Stephen Harper trying a simular approach, and again the courts overruled it.

So who is really at fault for the pathetic justice system?

In my opinion it's the courts themselves.

If you think of it, when every lawyer working the case, plus the judges are all making tens of thousands of dollars per case why wouldn't they want to release the scum early, so they can re-offend.

I am generally not greedy, but if I saw enough money waved in front of my face I might be tempted to go against my morals.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

goatboy wrote:The police can stop anyone to check that the driver has a drivers licence so
he broke the law the instance he didn't stop for the police the first time.

This is true.

When I used to own, and ride motorcycles I got pulled over quite often just for document inspections. It was quite often because a similar motorcycle had recently been stolen, so how could I fault them for that?

I never get pulled over in my car, however it isn't anything special. Plus it matches both my personality and my appearance. If I drove around in a new Mercedes I imagine that I would start getting pulled over again.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

westbankkid wrote:This is some of our FANTASTIC???? judges at work...

these goofs will be out on the streets in no time to reoffend again, as you can tell from these posts they have lots of support :200:
Last edited by the truth on Jan 14th, 2017, 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

"lots of support" or "lost support"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

another kelowna winner :thumbsdown:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”