Drug deals in front of houses

pepecat
Board Meister

Re: Drug deals in front of houses

Post by pepecat »

gsc wrote:
pepecat wrote:Not sure where you live, but it really doesn't matter. It happens everywhere.

Do you ever play outside with your kids during the day, get a game of street hockey or kickball or hide and seek or anything like that? And get the neighbors involved as well? Probably not as that seems to be a thing of the past. Back in the days when people did that kind of stuff, there were also people who were doing and dealing drugs, but they didn't do it on the neighborhood streets because there was no privacy there for them, so they did it elsewhere. There were too many people around. But now we've stopped using our streets for playing and we've let the drug dealers take them over because we are ensconced in the safety of our homes and we are afraid to let our kids out to play.

That's the way it is now. Sad but true. The only way to stop the undesirable behavior in our neighborhoods is to use them ourselves instead of just peering put the window.

In the summer we are out side all day every day as are many neighbors. That's what I don't get and am seeing that they just don't care.

Why aren't you and your neighbors outside in the winter too? There's lots to do outside all year, not just during the summer. Why enjoy your neighborhood only on a seasonal basis?
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

We are out side a tun in the winter as well just not as much as the summer.
baldmofo

Post by baldmofo »

I'm sorry to not join in the chorus of support here, but what is the big deal? A car pulls up in front of your house for 5 minutes and it's ruining your quality of life? No harm being done to anyone involved in the transaction that you can see, and no harm done to your family or your property?

I imagine the police have a triage system with complaints, and if no one's at risk of being harmed, the call goes to a very low priority. Their job is to protect public safety first and foremost, and secondly to protect private property.

Maybe you could try watching some TV or playing board games with your family instead of watching traffic in front of your house from the window?
KB886

Post by KB886 »

baldmofo wrote:I'm sorry to not join in the chorus of support here, but what is the big deal? A car pulls up in front of your house for 5 minutes and it's ruining your quality of life? No harm being done to anyone involved in the transaction that you can see, and no harm done to your family or your property?

I imagine the police have a triage system with complaints, and if no one's at risk of being harmed, the call goes to a very low priority. Their job is to protect public safety first and foremost, and secondly to protect private property.

Maybe you could try watching some TV or playing board games with your family instead of watching traffic in front of your house from the window?

First off if you read what gsc wrote where they have told our kids to beat it while they were playing in our yard you'd be a little concerned also. It's extremely bothersome to be sitting outside and having people doing drug deals like it's nothing right in front of us.
baldmofo

Post by baldmofo »

I honestly had trouble understanding what GSC was trying to say in that sentence due to all the grammatical errors. I thought he had sent his kids out to tell the alleged dealers to beat it. Upon closer inspection, it looks as though one time the alleged dealers told the kids to beat it.

I understand how this could be scary for the children. That being said, again, it doesn't sound like any physical harm came to the children.

I can't help but wonder how this played out. I would imagine most dealers don't try to call attention to themselves. Why would someone roll down there window and announce "Hey you kids I'm trying to count rocks here, frig off!"?

This whole scenario seems weird to me. First off, how do you know they aren't meeting up to have an intimate conversation? Why do you assume drugs are involved? There are lots of reasons that two people can meet in a car for 5 minutes. Have you actually seen the drugs? What kind of drugs are they?

Finally, instead of being attached to the location remaining pure, why not simply record the vehicle information? Or a description of the people involved?
KB886

Post by KB886 »

Does it matter what kinds of drugs? It's clear as day when you see the same car meet up with 2-3 other cars in a matter of minutes and spend 30 seconds with eachother and speed off.. it's not OK and who's to say they don't have weapons and say if my 14 or 8 year old children are in the supposed safety of our yard and something happens to go south with these people clear as day doing illegal things would you not be concerned that they would be in the line of fire... often innocent people get harmed and I for one would not be OK if my children were that innocent bystander cause they decider to do something stupid in from of my house.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

KB886 wrote:Does it matter what kinds of drugs? It's clear as day when you see the same car meet up with 2-3 other cars in a matter of minutes and spend 30 seconds with eachother and speed off.. it's not OK and who's to say they don't have weapons and say if my 14 or 8 year old children are in the supposed safety of our yard and something happens to go south with these people clear as day doing illegal things would you not be concerned that they would be in the line of fire... often innocent people get harmed and I for one would not be OK if my children were that innocent bystander cause they decider to do something stupid in from of my house.

I don't see it as clear as day at all.
No proof of anything.
Weapons? Cmon.
Anyone in any car can have weapons. Doesn't mean they do.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
KB886

Post by KB886 »

Either way it's clear as day to me when I'm sitting outside and can see what is going on... I could care less about if you see it as I do.. all we are looking for is some way to deter these people from doing this :cuss: in front of our house.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 14th, 2017, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

KB886 wrote:Either way it's clear as day to me when I'm sitting outside and can see what is going on... I could care less about if you see it as I do.. all we are looking for is some way to deter these people from doing this :cuss: in front of our house.

But you don't have any definite proof.
Just people stopping and talking and even making intimate contact is not proof of criminal activity and does not warrant a panic call to police or vigilante behavior.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
KB886

Post by KB886 »

I never said I've done anything... we just want to find out what people advise... yes we have called the police a few times concerning people smoking drugs and leaving bags and needles outside their vehicles that we found when they were done... but I mean there has to be something that will make them think twice about stopping here... we have cameras and still that doesn't help. I don't have to prove to you what they are doing I know what's being done and I wasn't born yesterday...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Considering that the government is using your tax dollars to finance sites that facilitate the safe Injection of illegal substances, I doubt law enforcement considers drug use much of a priority.
KB886

Post by KB886 »

Clearly the law doesn't care.. but like I've stated more than once I'm looking for advice on how to stop it from happening right in front of my house. I have cameras and clearly they don't care. I know the cops aren't going to do anything. If you have some advise on how to get them to do their :cuss: elsewhere that would be great if not I'm done here.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 14th, 2017, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Put super bright lights outside.
You and 71 others Like this post
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

removed
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 14th, 2017, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Call the "drug squad" division of the RCMP and ask them if they'd like to use your house for surveillance. :135:
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Central Okanagan”