Blue Monday...

w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Blue Monday...

Post by w84u2 »

I too used to set my own hours and was working up to 60 hours week. I was paid by piece work. I was then asked to work designated shifts to cover others that were taking holidays, I absolutely hated it. I have a real distaste for clocks and calendars.
I work when I feel like it, eat when I am hungry and sleep when I get tired. I do not like others telling me when I can eat or go home or when to show up.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I was feeling really crappy this morning , so I went back to bed and slept through it ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

In fact, the term Blue Monday originated with a travel agency trying to market winter vacations a few years back.

"It has taken on a life of its own," Zed said.

Depression and suicide, however, can happen at any time of year and have nothing to do with the January blues, he said.

"There's a real danger in putting too much emphasis on Blue Monday because for vulnerable individuals there's almost an expectation that, 'Oh it's a terrible, gloomy … day and something's going to happen,'" Zed said. "And it gets a bit of traction."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.3934600
Yesterday was a great day with family - great visit and lots of laughs and certainly nothing blue about it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”