Fortis Bills

stardriftinhorses

Re: Fortis Bills

Post by stardriftinhorses »

my bill for the same time period was $1490, all electric baseboard heat, house kept at 15C, apx 2800sqft house... it sucks and every year it gets higher and there is nothing we can do about it :(
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

stardriftinhorses wrote:my bill for the same time period was $1490

HOLY CRAP.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

LTD wrote:I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call bs on that especially the last statement lol 4 weeks

...and my evil motives for lying about my electricity bills are? ...
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

stardriftinhorses wrote:my bill for the same time period was $1490, all electric baseboard heat, house kept at 15C, apx 2800sqft house... it sucks and every year it gets higher and there is nothing we can do about it :(

You got to be kidding me. You sit around at night and wake up to a 15C house. You must be walking around in winter jackets and shoes the whole time???
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Imagine if electric rates were double here, as in Ontario. A $3000 a electric bill would kill me. That will happen if we chase after solar and wind in the way Ontario does.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
callotto
Fledgling

Post by callotto »

Prices range between 8.9 cents per kWh to a max of 18 cents per kilowatt hour. We aren't far behind and we haven't had all of the mismanagement they have.
Washington State pays an average of 8.9 cents per kWh under a variety of private entities.
We are getting gouged by the suppliers in cahoots with our government
In ten years energy costs will be a major financial issue for everyone, not just fixed income people as it is now.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

its almost cheaper to run a diesel generator
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

callotto wrote:Prices range between 8.9 cents per kWh to a max of 18 cents per kilowatt hour. We aren't far behind and we haven't had all of the mismanagement they have.
Washington State pays an average of 8.9 cents per kWh under a variety of private entities.
We are getting gouged by the suppliers in cahoots with our government
In ten years energy costs will be a major financial issue for everyone, not just fixed income people as it is now.

Here is a list for the various states, just for interest sake. It is a few years outdated by now though; a friend of mine is paying 43cents per KWH this year on the Big Island; thankfully they don't have to heat with it for the most part.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2011/ ... your-state
Ccrider

Post by Ccrider »

I was a fool, and believed the Government and Fortis, that installing a geothermal heating system in my new house would "pay for itself in about 10 years". Shorty after installing this ridiculously expensive system, the government decided to punish me with a two tier electrical billing system.

Luckily I installed a natural gas fireplace in the house, which now runs continuously during the winter months, spewing carbon gas into the atmosphere, but keeping my electric bill under a thousand dollars.

I can't stand the thought of an NDP government, but the BC Liberals have blown this one! Pull you head out of the sand Christy! The two tied electrical billing system is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, and if the NDP are smart enough, they could possibly win the election on this one issue.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

stardriftinhorses wrote:my bill for the same time period was $1490, all electric baseboard heat, house kept at 15C, apx 2800sqft house... it sucks and every year it gets higher and there is nothing we can do about it :(

yea you can . you do not need to be on a grid as a buyer . you can be seller of energy . just google whats out there now
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:

yea you can . you do not need to be on a grid as a buyer . you can be seller of energy . just google whats out there now
Get a smaller house. Why would anyone in their right mind heat such a big house with baseboard heating>? :smt045
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

maryjane48 wrote:yea you can . you do not need to be on a grid as a buyer . you can be seller of energy . just google whats out there now

I agree. theres a point where its probably more economical to spend the money and become self proficient and sell back the extra. I think at 6, 7, or 800 bucks a month a person is beyond that point
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Fortis can kiss my butt. I'm going solar.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Mar 21st, 2017, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

the marijuna industry is one of the biggest consumer of power they should be charged on the carbon tax we are told to conserve colorado is now pushing for outside growing as this is carbon neutral and also reduces pesticide. bc hydro loves the organized gangs and growopts.

Return to “Central Okanagan”