KGH Parking

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: KGH Parking

Post by kgcayenne »

They do not care.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:They do not care.

Then its up to general public to give the Ontario teacher pension huge f :cuss: ing ear full.
Because this is pure BS from every hospital across this country that Impark has control of. It's taxpayers that fund hospitals, they need to get f :cuss: ing mad as hell.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
P65
Fledgling

Post by P65 »

fall wrote:
ilivehere2 wrote:I've worked at KGH for 30 years. There's been a shortage of parking the entire time for everyone - staff, volunteers and visitors. There was a wait list to buy parking passes when I started, and there's always been a wait list. The estimate on how long it takes to get a pass depends on how many are on the list, and how many staff members turn in their parking passes due to leaving, retiring, etc., plus how many new parking spots are added. So it is a guess, but recently it's taken 3 to 4 years. The surface lot by Emergency should have been another parkade. This problem has never been appropriately resolved.

The residents voiced strong opposition to the parade being built up on the surface lot, know someone in the area.
IH had intentions of building up and it was blocked. Ask the city about that one.
The bottom line either way is the city has outgrown the hospital, only going to get worse!

This is inaccurate. Yes, ask the city about "that one".
There was never a parkade proposed for the surface lot across from the ER at the time, let alone it being blocked.
There was a total lack of planning for adequate and user friendly parking and access when the ER was put on Royal Ave.
Anyone who has ever had to take anyone to the ER will attest to the ridiculous configuration of not only the drop off area, but the fact the ambulances have to manoeuvre thru a narrow street filled with people going to and from the hospital.
How and why this hospital was expanded and will continue to expand at this location is beyond comprehension.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

P65 wrote:How and why this hospital was expanded and will continue to expand at this location is beyond comprehension.

I would guess because it would be a shame to just tear it down and start fresh elsewhere.

Maybe a second hospital on another site would make sense. Either the Westside or near the Airport...or both.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!

Return to “Central Okanagan”