Gas Prices.

cfriedemann

Re: Gas Prices.

Post by cfriedemann »

Gas prices are a pain here in Kelowna. ALWAYS we are getting SHAFTED.
A newly opened CHEVRON IS OFFERING GAS AT .30 LESS than the going price. Sounds like a deal, and yet he still is making money. THAT has to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Not only were we suspicious, this "deal" proves it.
. The gas stations are not competing against one another (which is healthy for any enterprise). They have joined together as one group and dictate what the gas price is going to be for all of the vehicle owners.
They(the government body on price fixing)could not prove it before, maybe NOW?
. So obviously these plans are taking place at the meeting hall...the bar. :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130:
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Queen K wrote:Right Now: Vernon is at 106.9/Liter.

Winfield/Lake Country is at 114.9/L

Kelowna? A bend the :cuss: over at 119.9/L

Now why is that?

Falkland? 114.9/L

Lower Mainland $1.30/L
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

cfriedemann wrote:Gas prices are a pain here in Kelowna. ALWAYS we are getting SHAFTED.
A newly opened CHEVRON IS OFFERING GAS AT .30 LESS than the going price. Sounds like a deal, and yet he still is making money. THAT has to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Not only were we suspicious, this "deal" proves it.
. The gas stations are not competing against one another (which is healthy for any enterprise). They have joined together as one group and dictate what the gas price is going to be for all of the vehicle owners.
. So obviously these plans are taking place at the meeting hall...the bar. :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130: :130:

The station offered the grand opening special from 7am to 10am. No different from stores having grand opening specials - usually a loss leader - that can last a hour or two, a day or two or a different one every day for a week to attract customers.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

cfriedemann wrote:Gas prices are a pain here in Kelowna. ALWAYS we are getting SHAFTED.

That new gas station lost money selling gas at that price. However, those losses basically paid for the free publicity they got from all the local media, social media, and word-of-mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.oil-price.net/ and were paying 1.19 at the pump :-X :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JustMyTwoCents

Post by JustMyTwoCents »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Right Now: Vernon is at 106.9/Liter.

Winfield/Lake Country is at 114.9/L

Kelowna? A bend the :cuss: over at 119.9/L

Now why is that?

Falkland? 114.9/L

Lower Mainland $1.30/L

South Vancouver Island is $1.27-1.29/L and we don't have the additional transit taxes and such the lower mainland has. I miss Kelowna/Okanagan prices.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:https://www.oil-price.net/ and were paying 1.19 at the pump :-X :-X

So the price of oil fell... good luck putting straight oil in your car and getting it to run. Are you just as upset at the prices of all other goods manufactured using oil also not falling?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:https://www.oil-price.net/ and were paying 1.19 at the pump :-X :-X

Back when the 2 commodities were considered 1, crude oil prices directly effected fuel prices. Once they separated the 2 commodities, now they are independent of each other. Are now traded/bought & sold that way.

Sorry to burst everyones balloons on this.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

This isn't Vancouver. We're 400 km away. But, if you want to quote prices, Prince George is $1.04. The NWT is cheaper than us, *bleep*!

Yet, it funny how the US remains very low, and stable in prices. http://then.gasbuddy.com/GB_Price_List.aspx?cntry=USA

We're being ripped off.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Not PC wrote:This isn't Vancouver. We're 400 km away. But, if you want to quote prices, Prince George is $1.04. The NWT is cheaper than us, *bleep*!

Yet, it funny how the US remains very low, and stable in prices. http://then.gasbuddy.com/GB_Price_List.aspx?cntry=USA

We're being ripped off.

do not drive . help yourself and the environment. :up: WALK
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Not PC wrote:This isn't Vancouver. We're 400 km away. But, if you want to quote prices, Prince George is $1.04. The NWT is cheaper than us, *bleep*!

We're being ripped off.

If you actually thought you were being ripped off, you'd stop buying. But the fact that you continue to buy shows the price is acceptable to you. You may not like it or want to admit it, but the price is at a point that you still see enough value in it to not alter your buying behavior. I'm guessing you'd pay considerably more before you change your behavior as well, so in fact you're getting a good deal now.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Last night Lake Country was 116.9/L.

Filled up. Can't get that in Kelowna with it's 118.9/L in Glenmore.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So to those who have not blocked my posts for one reason or other.

The whole southern interior of BC which includes most if not all of the Kootenay's. Gets it fuel from the same terminal in Kamloops at the same rack price (depending on which day it delivered). Because the rack price goes up & down daily.

So the only real difference would be what the transport companies charge to ship(/truck it) it to each area.

Generally that trucking cost is usually paid by each station owner/operator, as well the cost of the fuel.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
westbankkid
Übergod

Getting gouged by the GAS BARONS again

Post by westbankkid »

Just checked Gas Buddy and Winnipeg's gas is .30 Liter or $1.35 per gallon cheaper than the Okanagan and .45 per Liter, $2.00 per gallon cheaper than Vancouver. Talk about being SCREWED>
Last edited by westbankkid on Aug 11th, 2017, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Getting gouged by the GAS BARONS again

Post by Even Steven »

Should we organize another boycott? Last time it worked wonders.

Return to “Central Okanagan”