17 dead in Kelowna in two months

What_the
Übergod

Re: 17 dead in Kelowna in two months

Post by What_the »

I like how they're calling it for what it is, brain injury. It's not implying forever, nor is it discounting responsibility - simply saying it can be healed.

With advances in diagnostic technology comes better under standing of the inner workings of the brain. What we've learned in the last 20-30 years dwarves the foundations of Neuro science previous.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

kgcayenne wrote:This just rolled across Facebook today, and I thought of this thread immediately. Well... mostly because the person who posted it to FB tied-in the fentanyl crisis with it.

http://downtownandaround.com/faces-hope/
Brain injury remains the orphan in our healthcare system. A lack of ownership currently exists around this issue within each area of the system, each falsely assuming that the other is seeing to its proper handling. Basically, the ball has been dropped or not even picked up in many instances. I challenge you to take a look at the stats depicting the amount of homeless and prisoners currently in the system and the circumstances surrounding them:

●Over 50 % of the homeless in Canada have a brain injury and over 70% of them became homeless AFTER suffering a brain injury

●An estimated 80% of those incarcerated have a brain injury and approximately 60% of them sustained their first brain injury as a child and often from abuse

●It costs approximately $50,000 per year to support each homeless person in British Columbia

Brain Injury, Mental Health & Addictions
Mental health issues and addiction are both challenging and devastating for many people. Brain injury is often the root cause associated in these instances. The journey now becomes about finding sustainable solutions to help close the gap if we are to offer well defined help for those in struggle. Increased awareness across our country is a major first step in making significant change. Brain injury is a crisis in Canada and it can no longer be ignored.

Apparently, yesterday was brain injury awareness day. I wasn't aware of that.

If it's of any help - today is apparently national puppy day. :)
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

What_the wrote:I like how they're calling it for what it is, brain injury. It's not implying forever, nor is it discounting responsibility - simply saying it can be healed.

With advances in diagnostic technology comes better under standing of the inner workings of the brain. What we've learned in the last 20-30 years dwarves the foundations of Neuro science previous.

Yes but not every brain injury can bet healed
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How many died of heart disease . Why don't those people count
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

This is the sort of situation that understandably infuriates those that feel Naloxone being available to drug users is wrong.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/over ... collision/

“Then I heard they gave him a total of four injections of naloxone. After the four injections he literally stood up and walked to the ambulance himself.”

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#192794
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What, is everyone on drugs now?
Jesus.
Why don't they just stop treating overdose victims then maybe everyone will start to understand that drugs are bad and they kill.
Instead, it seems like society is propelling hard drug use to go mainstream .
What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Does everyone want their kids and grand kids on heroin?
Jesus.
Jesus H.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WalterWhite wrote:This is the sort of situation that understandably infuriates those that feel Naloxone being available to drug users is wrong.

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/over ... collision/

“Then I heard they gave him a total of four injections of naloxone. After the four injections he literally stood up and walked to the ambulance himself.”

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#192794

this goof should go straight to jail for a long time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The "rash" is spreading!

Warning after rash of ODs

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#193318

Twelve people overdosed on drugs in the Chinatown area of East Vancouver Saturday morning.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Another one gone tonight here in Vernon. Mid 30's 2 young kids.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Today while picking trash out of the bush. I decided . The oftf as well as pulling trash from the woods can help junkies do better . I will look into how to make this happen. Support my efforts . I am working on behalf of all good Kelowna residents
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#194012

Man dies in park

I guess we're going to have to get used to bodies piling up in the streets. How many dead in April? 10 more?

Steady as she goes - BC Liberals™

- Buckminster Fuller
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How is it the government fault tho. Seems like the bc government is promoting death . Ndp is death . There is no choice

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Atomoa wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-194012-1-.htm#194012

Man dies in park

I guess we're going to have to get used to bodies piling up in the streets. How many dead in April? 10 more?

Steady as she goes - BC Liberals™

This man could have had a stroke or heart attack, or even had complications from something completely different. No need to go throwing everyone under the illegal drug use bus who happens to have the great misfortune of dying without family around them. Truthfully, for a person who uses a great deal of logic, I'm disappointed you've put this story in here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#194051 drugs are good for you :200: :-X --not-- loser of the year parents, what a waste of human skin
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Queen K wrote:Truthfully, for a person who uses a great deal of logic, I'm disappointed you've put this story in here.

9/10 chance it's a OD.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Central Okanagan”