Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

mmmm

Re: Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

Post by mmmm »

I was trying to get from Sarsons beach to the Yacht club about a year ago and ran into an electric fence blocking my passage! Shocking what the wealthy think they can do to others! Needless to say ....it hurt!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

"It started during one of my runs when I all of a sudden ran into a fence. I started climbing over it and a guy yelled at me to get off his fence," said Bachmann.
Why do people think it's okay to interfere with private fencing instead of going through proper channels.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

Fancy wrote:
"It started during one of my runs when I all of a sudden ran into a fence. I started climbing over it and a guy yelled at me to get off his fence," said Bachmann.
Why do people think it's okay to interfere with private fencing instead of going through proper channels.

If proper channels where followed, you'd never have ended up with 'private' fence on a public beach. I still would like to see the uproar that would follow if I would fence off the sidewalk in front of my house.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

why don't those who own lakefront properties go thru the "proper" channels when putting up a fence on public property ???
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Found this post in the old Kelowna FB page interesting, and certainly a partial reason some of the issues exist today. This ad is apparently from 1915, and I highly doubt foreshore access was even remotely an issue then.

10997491_841167502615195_7870854535281226547_o.jpg
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mitch85 wrote:If proper channels where followed, you'd never have ended up with 'private' fence on a public beach. I still would like to see the uproar that would follow if I would fence off the sidewalk in front of my house.

First off, you are talking city owned property that you are required to keep clear. Now picture people using your property as a garbage can and littering that sidewalk with all sorts of junk on a daily basis. How would you feel?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:why don't those who own lakefront properties go thru the "proper" channels when putting up a fence on public property ???

I don't know - ask them. Still doesn't it make it right to interfere with private property.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote: Now picture people using your property as a garbage can and littering that sidewalk with all sorts of junk on a daily basis. How would you feel?

Well that happens now, dog owners not cleaning up after their pets happens all the time. I find dog poop on my front lawn on a regular basis. I know it's not my dog because she is never out the front off leash.

If these owners on the lake are not legal then they should be forced to meet the criteria and with what has happened this year now is a good time to do that.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:Well that happens now, dog owners not cleaning up after their pets happens all the time. I find dog poop on my front lawn on a regular basis. I know it's not my dog because she is never out the front off leash.
If you find all sorts of garbage on your lawn and on the sidewalk, you don't think it's a big deal? Well, I certainly would be annoyed.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I didn't say that it doesn't bother me, I just stated that it happens whether you have beach front or not.

If everyone was courteous there wouldn't be a problem but we know that won't happen.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

How would you feel?
That was my question. If it is an ongoing problem, I would be finding solutions as I take pride in my property.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:If everyone was courteous there wouldn't be a problem but we know that won't happen.

The City has placed garbage bins in some problem locales. When there is continual loss of enjoyment to the enjoyment of homes, there are other avenues to explore. I would hope the person who is organizing the beach walk also helps pick up debris and garbage - after all, it is the public who is using the public space and everyone is accountable to keep it clean.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Fancy wrote:I don't know - ask them. Still doesn't it make it right to interfere with private property.

But it's ok to interfere with public property?
Some weak arguments.
Waste of time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

fall wrote:But it's ok to interfere with public property?

I don't agree with you there but I was making another point that posters keep trying to either avoid or redirect as you just did.
Fancy wrote:Why do people think it's okay to interfere with private fencing instead of going through proper channels.

Keep in mind why this was posted.

Return to “Central Okanagan”