Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

Mitch85

Re: Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

Post by Mitch85 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 22nd, 2017, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Since I have no interest in snooping in or around someone else's property, I'd rather hike around OMP. It doesn't matter to me if the foreshore is considered crown land, still doesn't interest me.
I suspect there is a segment of the population that enjoy snooping around.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mitch85 wrote:They knew what they where getting into. I purchased a house downtown near a nightclub, and hear drunk people walking home. I knew what I was buying, and where, and accept it. Those fences are illegal, much as if I put a fence on my sidewalk so the public couldn't pass.
That's a pretty glib answer. Like saying shouldn't buy near an airport. What if the property owners were there first? What if the beach wasn't an attractant to the public when they bought?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

GordonH wrote:Since I have no interest in snooping in or around someone else's property, I'd rather hike around OMP. It doesn't matter to me if the foreshore is considered crown land, still doesn't interest me.

OMP borders on private property. Some of which I own. I don't ask you not to 'snoop' in my property.
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

Fancy wrote:
Mitch85 wrote:They knew what they where getting into. I purchased a house downtown near a nightclub, and hear drunk people walking home. I knew what I was buying, and where, and accept it. Those fences are illegal, much as if I put a fence on my sidewalk so the public couldn't pass.
That's a pretty glib answer. Like saying shouldn't buy near an airport. What if the property owners were there first? What if the beach wasn't an attractant to the public when they bought?

Right. They bought before the beach was there. I will not respond to anymore of your comments.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 21st, 2017, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Since I have no interest in snooping in or around someone else's property, I'd rather hike around OMP. It doesn't matter to me if the foreshore is considered crown land, still doesn't interest me.

Mitch85 wrote:OMP borders on private property. Some of which I own. I don't ask you not to 'snoop' in my property.

I do my hiking up in the middle area of OMP, so unless you own park land. You will not see me at any of your fences.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

GordonH wrote:

Mitch85 wrote:OMP borders on private property. Some of which I own. I don't ask you not to 'snoop' in my property.

I do my hiking up in the middle area of OMP, so unless you own park land. You will not see me at any of your fences.

Yes, but if you drive the KVR to get there, you have a perfect view of my property. Again, it's your right to drive it, and I hope you have fun. It's beautiful up there. A lot of rabbits this year, right? I personally would like the same freedom to walk my (and everyone else's) beach, and enjoy that.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Likewise those property owners that have title to their property beyond the high water mark have the right to protect their private property and stop others from trespassing on their right of ownership.
The onus of proof of boundaries becomes the problem of the trespassers and their ability to obtain property deeds and survey markers before crossing that land.
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:Likewise those property owners that have title to their property beyond the high water mark have the right to protect their private property and stop others from trespassing on their right of ownership.
The onus of proof of boundaries becomes the problem of the trespassers and their ability to obtain property deeds and survey markers before crossing that land.

*removed* Many other things. Read this.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/indus ... te-moorage
Last edited by ferri on Jun 22nd, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

The recent direction this thread has taken makes me conclude it's run its purpose for me personally. As I stated earlier, much of the social media gabfest on this issue very closely resembles much of the recent attitudes displayed here, which is summed up simply as many feel it's an opportunity to say *bleep* the rich people. The topic is no longer about relevant information and clarifying points of misunderstandings and misinformation. It's devolved into a bitchfest with the snarkiest retort declaring themselves the winner. I along with several others have done what was possible in providing links to information and resources to simply clarify some seriously warped perceptions regarding this issue, and it has clearly run its course. I'll take the time to peruse and post for my own entertainment past this point, but I'm finished providing info as it's clearly not being read by those most in need of it. Cheers.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

OFF TOPIC YET AGAIN
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 21st, 2017, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch85

Post by Mitch85 »

OFF TOPIC
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jun 21st, 2017, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mitch85 wrote:Yes, but if you drive the KVR to get there, you have a perfect view of my property. Again, it's your right to drive it, and I hope you have fun. It's beautiful up there. A lot of rabbits this year, right? I personally would like the same freedom to walk my (and everyone else's) beach, and enjoy that.

Sorry to disappoint I start my hike from this location here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.7813525, ... 312!8i6656
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mitch85 wrote:Right. They bought before the beach was there. I will not respond to anymore of your comments.

k- that's funny since I didn't say they bought before the beach was there. Might try actually reading something I post before stating you won't be responding.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”