Kelowna RCMP team up with psychiatric nurse

Chyren
Board Meister

Re: Kelowna RCMP team up with psychiatric nurse

Post by Chyren »

tpa wrote:I have had to phone the RCMP / Ambulance to try and get a "loved one help and have them hospitalized. I had a bad experience with both. I found the police basically useless and outright ignorant and probably wont ever phone 911 for assistance in dealing with these types of issues again. I found the Ambulance service of no real help either. One of the attendants was rude and kept saying "this is not my specialty. I've phoned 911 on a few different occasions and have had the same frustrating experience each time. Never again! The whole system is flawed! I think the hospital needs to make some changes and work on seeing Mental health patients in emergency a lot quicker. Pretty hard waiting in emergency for 6-8 hrs just to see someone to assess them . :-X :-X :-X

Holy god people why does this always come down to bashing the police and this time emergency services?

Wake the hell up!

You called the police "basically useless" yet again how much actual training do you think they receive? Wow I'm stunned. Cops are not doctors. Figure it out. You speak about getting "a loved one some help" yet you don't elaborate? Were they violent? Were they harming themselves? Were they capable of harming someone else? Just because they're "a loved one" doesn't even begin to say they were all soft and nice. You called the police clearly because there was an issue big enough to justify you calling 911. That's what they deal with.

Bashing paramedics who respond again ARE NOT DOCTORS. They are trained as first responders and have a duty to get "your loved one" to a hospital where experts can do what they have to because YOU CALLED THEM.

Yes as you can see I'm angered because I know a lot of amazing first responders that work their butts off to help a growing mental health crisis and that people like this poster seem to feel that they are all experts. They are not nor do they have to be.

You called 911 because the issue was important. Because they didn't (based on your comments) treat your loved one like you felt then perhaps you should have just drove that person to the hospital yourself or called a cab? You didn't because that person needed help.

Support our first responders people instead of bashing cops and paramedics over and over and over again at the first opportunity.

This thread is about the hard work Police and Emergency Services people are doing to help this issue. Figure it out. :topic:
tpa

Post by tpa »

:135:
Last edited by tpa on Apr 10th, 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

MAPearce wrote:I don't think he's that kinda guy either but it sure would put a foot in his mouth , and YOURS for that matter , if he could read those files and then say that I'm clueless about how this all works after surviving it for over 23 years......

I've never said anything about your experience or that you're clueless.

All I've said is that your posts are showing your bias and that while there will be good from this program, there will also be a lot of shortcomings and hassles for the front line officers. That's it. No chance for my foot to go in my mouth based on what I've said... unless the program becomes a resounding success and everyone loves it all day every day.
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Update: May 29th 2017

Superintendent of Kelowna RCMP reported to PM council to update the success (his words) of the Crisis team (PACT):

https://livestream.com/accounts/2105835 ... /157223639

Starts at 33:00. Ends at 35:20

7 weeks into the program. Attended 22.5% of mental health related Cases
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ohhhhhh hell...........read the title and the meaning of this thread wrong. I thought there was some hope.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

One time, in band camp, while cuffed and caused the officer no grief (actually, begged him to take me away from the *bleep* $#!?ey situation I was in, he was cool) I was quite grateful to the soft voice and hands of the female paramedic that attended and wiped the blood from my face that required stiches.

Don't underestimate the power of the opposite sex that isn't in a position of legal authority.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What_the wrote:One time, in band camp, while cuffed and caused the officer no grief (actually, begged him to take me away from the *bleep* $#!?ey situation I was in, he was cool) I was quite grateful to the soft voice and hands of the female paramedic that attended and wiped the blood from my face that required stiches.

Don't underestimate the power of the opposite sex that isn't in a position of legal authority.

Not all nurses are female What the
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I know that GordonH, but the majority are. I was just saying.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

Return to “Central Okanagan”