Is Rutland really that bad?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Is Rutland really that bad?

Post by the truth »

kelbear25 wrote:
I hope our efforts tonight helped shoot down the 51 unit halfway house proposed for mccurdy and rutland road.
I'm not sure where it belongs, but it's not there.

I sure hope so! I've gone from concerned to scared after learning more at the meeting. Does not belong in a family neighborhood within a block from 3 schools. And irregardless of the purpose of that building, I'd still have concerns of the size (4 story in a 2 story max neighborhood) and density of the proposal. My hope is that this proposal mobilizes the community to fight against it. If the city lets this go through despite the outcry from the community, then the city will have officially given Rutland the middle finger.

indeed they have :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Apr 7th, 2017, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Apr 7th, 2017, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Apr 7th, 2017, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Off Topic, please keep your post about the topic. Use the pm for anything else.
tdewar

Post by tdewar »

[/quote]I sure hope so! I've gone from concerned to scared after learning more at the meeting. Does not belong in a family neighborhood within a block from 3 schools. And irregardless of the purpose of that building, I'd still have concerns of the size (4 story in a 2 story max neighborhood) and density of the proposal. My hope is that this proposal mobilizes the community to fight against it. If the city lets this go through despite the outcry from the community, then the city will have officially given Rutland the middle finger

indeed they have :-X[/quote]

You people don't get it do you. The fellows that will be in that place are your Brothers, your Cousins, your Uncles, your sons, and Fathers. The rich addicts go to places on the island or Hawaii that place is for those who cant afford to pay the 30k a month the other places charge. You people *bleep* about drug addicts then *bleep* about treatment houses designed to help with the problem. IT ISNT A SAFE INJECTION SITE. IT IS NOT A JAIL. It is not a halfway house for guys getting out of the pen. Neither is it a homeless shelter. You want the place should be downtown where all the drugs they are trying to stay away from are? How to you expect the problem to get better with this "anywhere but here" attitude? It is going where it needs to go to help the people that need helping. Or would you rather those fellows be sleeping nights under your trees and possibly ODing on fentynal for your children to find on the way to school? All I know for sure is you dont have to look far these days to see the snobs in this town. Even Rutland has been overtaken. Kelowna is a far cry from the friendly place it was in the 90's when i moved here. Every single fearmonger on here should have to spend a day in the life of a recovering addict so you all have a clue what it is like. So go slam back a few beers or pop a couple ativan and *bleep* some more cause im sure all you people are perfect.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

While I feel the plight . These same people had no problem spending every cent they had . They had no problem screwing over their own family . Why should they not have to pay for rehab . Heck of I get sick and miss work . Guess who pays . Not the government
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
tdewar

Post by tdewar »

Jflem1983 wrote:While I feel the plight . These same people had no problem spending every cent they had . They had no problem screwing over their own family . Why should they not have to pay for rehab . Heck of I get sick and miss work . Guess who pays . Not the government

Spoken out of true ignorance. Maybe do some reading on why people become addicts or do you think they all just woke up one morning and decided to be junkies? I can guarantee you one thing they had very much problems a whole shitload of them every day right up until they decided to ask for help and then they get more from people like you. So you know not every addict lies cheats and steals. As a recovering addict myself I can tell you most addicts do not feel that being an addict is a good excuse to be a bad person.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Five year addict here . Clean for ten . Did it on my own. Tired of u better than thou types .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

U guys have a clue how expensive these habits are . Many people spend over 1k a day to support an opiates hobby. 30k is nothing to these people . Heroin is a rich mans sport

tdewar

Post by tdewar »

Jflem1983 wrote:Five year addict here . Clean for ten . Did it on my own. Tired of u better than thou types .

Well good for you. I struggle with it to this day and most likely always will. I have real doubts you are being honest though after what you first said. Did that 17 little girl who died at capri have no problem spending every dime she had? Did she screw over her family or was it maybe the opposite. I doubt you were an addict maybe did some blow every weekend for awhile but a full blown addict would know better than what you had to say. These people live every day with hatred. Your hatred and worse of all the hatred they have for themselves. There are a number of reasons why people become addicts and it is never to cause others pain or problems. it stems from being abused, from mental illness, from PTSD, etc. It is a sickness that in most cases needs to be treated by a professionals help. The last thing on this planet anyone needs including those who dont suffer from this type of illness is people treating them like you express in your first post. Yes the more i think about it the more I am sure you are full of *bleep* when you say you were an addict.
tdewar

Post by tdewar »

Jflem1983 wrote:U guys have a clue how expensive these habits are . Many people spend over 1k a day to support an opiates hobby. 30k is nothing to these people . Heroin is a rich mans sport

*removed* At my worst i spent 200 a day and that was enough heroin to kill 5 people with no tolerance. a thousand a day is a cocaine habit that only the rich could ever maintain for more than a week.
Last edited by ferri on Apr 8th, 2017, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't make it personal please.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

tdewar wrote:
You people don't get it do you. The fellows that will be in that place are your Brothers, your Cousins, your Uncles, your sons, and Fathers. The rich addicts go to places on the island or Hawaii that place is for those who cant afford to pay the 30k a month the other places charge. You people *bleep* about drug addicts then *bleep* about treatment houses designed to help with the problem. IT ISNT A SAFE INJECTION SITE. IT IS NOT A JAIL. It is not a halfway house for guys getting out of the pen. Neither is it a homeless shelter. You want the place should be downtown where all the drugs they are trying to stay away from are? How to you expect the problem to get better with this "anywhere but here" attitude? It is going where it needs to go to help the people that need helping. Or would you rather those fellows be sleeping nights under your trees and possibly ODing on fentynal for your children to find on the way to school? All I know for sure is you dont have to look far these days to see the snobs in this town. Even Rutland has been overtaken. Kelowna is a far cry from the friendly place it was in the 90's when i moved here. Every single fearmonger on here should have to spend a day in the life of a recovering addict so you all have a clue what it is like. So go slam back a few beers or pop a couple ativan and *bleep* some more cause im sure all you people are perfect.

They can build it next to your house then.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
tdewar

Post by tdewar »

lightspeed wrote:They can build it next to your house then.

Just so long as they build it and another 5 more.
Last edited by ferri on Apr 8th, 2017, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

tdewar wrote:
lightspeed wrote:They can build it next to your house then.

Just so long as they build it and another 5 more.

Go tell all the local residents you want six of these places built. They'll tell you to eff off. People just don't want this in their conmunities.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...

Return to “Central Okanagan”