Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

Post by the truth »

Loki2u wrote:
the truth wrote:
so who will pay for there rehab , private insurance or the govt -- do you have the bal :cuss: to even this question honestly

There are many ways the client can cover costs of treatment and each facility will have their own criteria for how or what sort of payment or funding is required. It's not hard to find this information out Truthy, all you have to do is phone a center and ask or look it up on their websites.

As far as your last question.....I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, nor do I understand the reason for hostility and its condescending implication. :135:

I've been very open in providing information and my experiences in a non-confrontational manner to your questions.

you are correct, you have been non confrontational to my questions ,for that i would like to apologize to you i was out of line
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

the truth wrote:
Loki2u wrote:
There are many ways the client can cover costs of treatment and each facility will have their own criteria for how or what sort of payment or funding is required. It's not hard to find this information out Truthy, all you have to do is phone a center and ask or look it up on their websites.

As far as your last question.....I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, nor do I understand the reason for hostility and its condescending implication. :135:

I've been very open in providing information and my experiences in a non-confrontational manner to your questions.

you are correct, you have been non confrontational to my questions ,for that i would like to apologize to you i was out of line

It's all good truth, thank you. I know we don't see eye to eye on this subject and we've had our heated exchanges in the past about it. But I've realized it doesn't get us anywhere when we make things personal so I'm trying to change that from my end.

I believe we are both passionate about the subject which is great, but I'll try to remember to keep my emotion around the debate, not the person. :130:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

same here :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bornhere63
Fledgling

Post by bornhere63 »

What_the wrote:With all the griping about proximity to schools one might think it's rehab for pedophiles.

What do people think, they're all chomping at the bit to sell crack to 6 year olds?

No, the drug dealers at RSS will be eager to push these people off the wagon. A sober house near a high school is a bad combination.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
chell90

Post by chell90 »

"KEEP RUTLAND SAFE"
The reason why we need a place like freedoms door in town, is because it gives an insane amount of support to men in recovery.
That's one of the ways to fight the overdoses, prevent them from happening. The gov't should be putting more money into OD protection, as much if not more of what they pay for all the hospitalizations and deaths.
The men in these houses will be clean and focused on the program. And yes, some men do end up breaking rules, but there are freedom's door houses that are functioning great and benefiting the community. They are learning to live again drug free.
I think this facility will help keep Rutland safe. That's 50 men that are working towards a better life- If it was your family member needing he rehab you'd understand.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

As much as it may be beneficial to the community, that's not the location for it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:As much as it may be beneficial to the community, that's not the location for it.

exactly, no one is saying no, in this case just the wrong location that's all
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It is completely the wrong location.

Someone was squawked about the suggestion that it go into an industrial area - and I have no idea why. Industrial would be good - no homeowners nearby, no schools nearby.

People are squawking about "support" and "NIMBY" but they aren't listening to the responses of "yes we need more buildings" and "schools/families".

As I understand it, the Knights of Columbus are donating the land. How about a developer swap parcels with them, so the developer can add more families to the neighbourhood and the KoC can donate a parcel that wouldn't be as detrimental to the community?
I haven't failed until I quit.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

build it up on dillworth mountain as they will be further from temptation and closer to the work place area. and besides the rcmp patrol up there alot more than rutland.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and or upper or lower mission see how well that goes over
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

I've been seeing/hearing a lot about this new project and it is very badly needed - has been for years just as women rehab centres have been very badly needed.

While I do wonder if the noted location is the best one that could have been found, the land was donated and we should all be grateful for this.

The fact that the 50 individuals who would be living here are/will be taking steps to get themselves better and their lives back together should be celebrated and they should be commended.

Perhaps some of us should make an effort to get to know some of these people and make an effort to truly understand what they are doing/going through before we pass judgment...

I sincerely doubt that certain individuals would be supportive of such a 'home' regardless of where it was placed.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Take a drive by and look at all the signs that the immediate neighbors erected on their fences in opposition of this and you'll get a hint of what the local community thinks of it.
The people who have to live with it need to be considered, regardless of the reasons why they don't want to live beside it.

That location is not the right spot for it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Yet the province can buy the motel on the highway for low rental units away from everywhere.... can the scenario not be swapped?

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... o_Kelowna/
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

just popping in wrote:Yet the province can buy the motel on the highway for low rental units away from everywhere.... can the scenario not be swapped?

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/new ... o_Kelowna/

link not working
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

the truth wrote:
just popping in wrote:Yet the province can buy the motel on the highway for low rental units away from everywhere.... can the scenario not be swapped?

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/new ... o_Kelowna/

link not working

Because it isn't a Castanet website.

Return to “Central Okanagan”