Goodbye Campground

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Goodbye Campground

Post by MAPearce »

Anonymous123 wrote:It's not a campground. It's a year 'round RV Park.

They do have tenting spots.... in the summer .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

WalterWhite wrote:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I corrected my posting error from yesterday in my original post.
What the campground is, is one of the last few remaining crumbs of what a holiday paradise Kelowna used to be..
We went from a place that you could camp near the lake, enjoy the lake with the family and have a reasonably priced vacation for a young family starting out ......to an expensive place to visit in a section of Canada, that has been nicknamed..Bring Cash..

Sure was different before the Coq opened up..

The city of Kelowna has made it very clear they have zero interest in campers, RV'rs or anyone else that thinks a (family) holiday doesn't need 5 star resort style accommodations. As was just mentioned, Tiny Town is no longer a family campground like it used to be - it's more of a self-contained slumlord apartment complex with year round tenants. There are no amenities here for campers with the exception of a few RV agri-tourism spots(they've now banned them too). Kelowna was paradise - then they paved it.

To get that lifestyle you have to go to Penticton or Osoyoos or into the Shuswap for full service sites. There are some really good Provincial sites along the lake, but book early, or you won't get in.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Anonymous123 wrote:It's not a campground. It's a year 'round RV Park.

It's literally advertised as campground.

I had friends from the island tent there for a night. They came and slept on my couches for the next two nights it was such a hole.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Pretty soon we will be singing...
Goodbye Campers...
It,s Been Nice...
Hope You find your Paradise....

I see along Mara Lake a nice campground just as you get into Sicamous is all Condo,s now...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Pretty soon we will be singing...
Goodbye Campers...
It,s Been Nice...

I see along Mara Lake a nice campground just as you get into Sicamous is all Condo,s now...

I remember when:
Crystal Sands
Willow Shores
Mara Sands
Club Mara Resort... formerly Cherokee resort
Were all campgrounds + Ice Cream stand/store just down from Provincial park

Now they all look like small gated communities.

Added: closer to Sicamous was Hummingbird resort
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Kelowna is not interested in RV tourists because they are fully self contained including food n booze. You can RV here stay in Walmart for free for the weekend take in free events and not spend a penny here. They only want hotel visiting restaraunt eating bar hopping niteclub visiting tourists. Heard rumuor Todds in Peachland is closing due to Christys new year round tax plan for seasonal RV parks. Is this true ??
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Pretty soon we will be singing...
Goodbye Campers...
It,s Been Nice...

We've been saying that about Whispering Pines for a few years now. Hopefully, theyre far enough out of Sicamous that they wont be effected.
One of the last, nice family owned operated campground along that stretch.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Central Okanagan”