Myra dumping hot spot

johnrae
Fledgling

Myra dumping hot spot

Post by johnrae »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#195274

I happened to look at this while I was able to zoom in on the pictures. The gentleman has was appears to be an electrical bill in his hand that he picked up from the garbage. Couldn't the bylaw or the CO's contact this person and ask them why their receipt was with all this garbage? I can almost see the name on the statement but my phone screen is too small. I would bet this guy dumped all his crap and didn't realize he left a receipt in the pile. That's a smoking gun if I ever saw one??????
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Myra dumping hot spot

Post by Even Steven »

Bylaw can certainly ask the person about the bill, but the person has the full right to tell them to pound sand.

PS: The bill is from Penticton
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lazy & cheap as :cuss: holes, that's all these dumpers are
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Reading Penticton was the easy part - not the name though. There is no way to prove that the dumped material was dropped off by the person named in the bill.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

that bill is very old. Terasen hasn't been around since 2011, and the date ends with either a 3 or a 7, looks more like 7, so at least 10 years old if not more
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Unfortunately, the Illegal dumping will never really end if we have no enforcement officers working around the clock, no free dump days, and a group of volunteers announcing that they are gonna spend the rest of their lives cleaning up the backwoods after disrespectful idiots.

The RDCO needs to hire 3 people for every one of the main backroads leading out of Kelowna.
The 3 workers do 8 hour shifts in or near their vehicle equipped with camera equipment and a 2 way radio to dispatch proper authorities when they see something that possible leads to someone Illegally dumping or vandalism.

The fines will cover or subsidize the cost of the workers.
There are probably 100's of people that would take this job and work for $10 an hour.
Announce all offenders in the newspaper and online as they are caught.
An 8 month trial of this and some serious issues should be resolved.

Change some of the fine amounts, and include vehicle impounds.
A minimum $2000 fine for Illegal dumping or littering should be mandatory.
Allow Kelowna residents one free dump day per year to help decrease illegal dumping.

Postill Lake Road, Beaver Lake Road, Bartley Road, Gillard FSR, Goudie Rd, Bata FSR, Philpott FSR, 3 Forks, Myra FSR, Headwaters FSR, Peachland FSR are some of the hot spots for serious Illegal dumping and vandalism.

The problem is a serious one, and the RDCO needs to step up and start dealing with it!
Every back road that is easily accessible is subject to Illegal dumping.
Nothing is being done to deter the offenders.

Back road make shift shooting ranges also need to be banned for more than one reason.
The Postill Lake Road shooting range has been cleaned numerous times over the last few years, and it's users have proven that they cannot respect the forest.

A deposit needs to be put on all shell casings sold in an attempt to not have our forests littered with casings from gun users that have no respect for our environment.

Forest Minister Steve Thomson needs to step up to the plate and start acting now!

Any place that's a good party place, seems to make a good place for Illegal dumping, burning vehicles and shooting guns.
Oh..... and don't get me started with the drinking and driving on our backroads and trails, it seems like some things go hand in hand.
Many reasons for a new "watch plan" but more excuses why nothing is being done about any of it!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

UltraViolet wrote:There are probably 100's of people that would take this job and work for $10 an hour.

LOL that's below minimum wage.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I say put his name and address out there, then I too can drop my garbage off on his front lawn.

What a bunch of dipchits!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

This type of *bleep* pisses me off BIG time ..

Lazy *bleep* should be shot and *bleep* on .....

PHUQUERS .... all of them ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

These people arent your garden variety *bleep*.

It takes someone unique to be able to dump this much crap, walk away and have no second thoughts about what theyve just done.

Pretty ballzy too, with all attention the subject is getting in the media.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

monroe wrote:These people arent your garden variety *bleep*.

It takes someone unique to be able to dump this much crap, walk away and have no second thoughts about what theyve just done.

Pretty ballzy too, with all attention the subject is getting in the media.

You mean like an arsonist who lights fire just to see the fire trucks ?

Then I call them mental phuquers...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

The Barney Fife in me thinks its more like someone with a chip on their shoulder.

You look in that pile of shiite and its nothing that coukdnt have been chucked in a businesses laidlaw dumpster with less risk, most likey involving a shorter trip than what it took the *bleep* to drive all the way up there.

Total speculation but some of these people are probably disgruntled, maybe looking to make a statement.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

monroe wrote:The Barney Fife in me thinks its more like someone with a chip on their shoulder.

You look in that pile of shiite and its nothing that coukdnt have been chucked in a businesses laidlaw dumpster with less risk, most likey involving a shorter trip than what it took the *bleep* to drive all the way up there.

Total speculation but some of these people are probably disgruntled, maybe looking to make a statement.

also a great way to get some free advertising for his struggling business much like the house that burned on the same property as said business nothing like free advertising
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Let's face it, the Okanagan is home to too many idiots to even begin to put a dent in this. You could put game cameras up in areas frequently used as dumps, but eventually people will just move on to other areas. Perhaps the RDCO should establish free, designated dumping areas along the commonly used forest service roads and then go clean them up every couple of months.

Of course, in "pay for everything" Kelowna, that probably will never happen.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

techrtr wrote:Let's face it, the Okanagan is home to too many idiots to even begin to put a dent in this. You could put game cameras up in areas frequently used as dumps, but eventually people will just move on to other areas. Perhaps the RDCO should establish free, designated dumping areas along the commonly used forest service roads and then go clean them up every couple of months.

Of course, in "pay for everything" Kelowna, that probably will never happen.

I hope it never happens....seriously.
Give these losers a spot in out forests to go and dump their crap whenever they want because they're too lazy, ignorant and cheap to drive to the landfill and pay $10 ? :135:

Return to “Central Okanagan”