Overdose RV hits the streets

Jonrox

Re: Overdose RV hits the streets

Post by Jonrox »

lightspeed wrote:
That $ number is staggering.

Stop the supply of raw materials.
Control the sale of relevant equipment.
Crank up the jail time for these subhuman creatures.

And inspect everything - every single thing - that comes from China. Because that's where most of this evil originates from now.

It's not possible to stop the flow of raw materials. It's also not possible to inspect everything that comes from China. You're vastly underestimating the number of container vessels that come to the country everyday. The cost to our economy would be devastating if we attempted this - the delays, equipment, and personnel would cost tens of billions of dollars. The flow of illegal drugs would be the least of our worries.

And it makes no difference what the penalties are. Hell, even the death penalty will be worth the risk for some people. A one time, relatively small investment for a $20 million pay day is worth the risk for a lot of people, especially since the chance of getting caught is so small.

I've posted this twice in this thread but it keeps getting lost. This article is excellent and does a better job than I can at explaining the problem.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentanyl/article29570025/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A heated discussion for sure last night.
My best instinct was to do something else and I did not.
Sorry.

What I'm breaking it down to is differing parenting philosophies and I ascribe to Bmans.
Because that's how my parents were with the drug question.
They saw their friends kids get high, boozed up and in trouble.
My brother and I did not.
Nor did we have an easy life.
Far from it.
So sorry.

Special apology goes out to Jolly. He knows what for.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:the real problem is people doing drugs just to have a good time and then becoming junkies,because of it

And this can't be stopped. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so if this is the problem you're trying to solve you might as well give up. It's time to accept that this is always going to be the case and move on to figure out how to minimize the effect this will have on our families, the economy, and the healthcare system.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

maryjane48 wrote:
Queen K wrote:It's about enabling people for their herion needs for free when others die of cancers every day.

wrong

What part are you saying is "wrong"? Several people have just died of cancer whom I know. And their meds were so expensive it wasn't funny. They paid for them.

So you're saying that the RV Bus charges users when they come aboard? And when clean herion will be provided it will be charged for at street prices? Or will it be free?

Which one am I wrong about.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Queen K wrote:What part are you saying is "wrong"? Several people have just died of cancer whom I know. And their meds were so expensive it wasn't funny. They paid for them.

So you're saying that the RV Bus charges users when they come aboard? And when clean herion will be provided it will be charged for at street prices? Or will it be free?

Which one am I wrong about.

Would you rather we spend even less on drug treatment programs so that ultimately the burden on our healthcare system is even greater and we have even less money to spend on cancer treatments? Because it sounds like that's what you're proposing.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jonrox wrote:
the truth wrote:the real problem is people doing drugs just to have a good time and then becoming junkies,because of it

And this can't be stopped. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so if this is the problem you're trying to solve you might as well give up. It's time to accept that this is always going to be the case and move on to figure out how to minimize the effect this will have on our families, the economy, and the healthcare system.

correct it can'nt be stopped ,but do not go looking for sympathy and a handout , free drugs free whatever when you ,they become junkies .when they knew better to begin with
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I never said that you and you know it.
What I'm objecting to by the way is the ease of drug delivery to their intended victims, the addicts and soon-to-be-addicts.
I get the spend a dime and save thousands later scenerio by the way. It's not new to me.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

But this RV isn't giving out free drugs. It's just a safe place for addicts to use and if they OD then there are people there to help.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Right, so the Middleman, the dealer and therefore the gang providers are profitting big time, not putting a dime back into this system, while taxpayers are footing the bill for the RV Bus, all the support staff and all the supplies.

So go after the dealers, no civil rights whatsoever. None. Get the money back. That has been my stance. Oh and tough parenting. Do the TOUGH thing early on. That's where I support Bman.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Yep the real root of the problem is human nature - in all its guises.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Right, so the Middleman, the dealer and therefore the gang providers are profitting big time, not putting a dime back into this system, while taxpayers are footing the bill for the RV Bus, all the support staff and all the supplies.

So go after the dealers, no civil rights whatsoever. None. Get the money back. That has been my stance. Oh and tough parenting. Do the TOUGH thing early on. That's where I support Bman.

Unfortunately the big players are medical professionals . Big pharma. The army. And all levels of government
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Queen K wrote:Right, so the Middleman, the dealer and therefore the gang providers are profitting big time, not putting a dime back into this system, while taxpayers are footing the bill for the RV Bus, all the support staff and all the supplies.

That's how it works. We pay for this, not the dealers. It's how a lot of things with our taxes work, especially with healthcare... we pay for things that aren't our fault.

Even if you go after the dealers it doesn't matter... we do take their drug money back but it's not enough to cover our costs, especially considering most of them are never caught.

And it's nice to talk tough about how kids are raised, but at the end of the day the effect you have on your kids lives later in life is fairly minimal. What you did raising them isn't really going to dictate the decisions they make in their 30's, 40's, and beyond. A lifetime of experiences in the real world after your teachings will probably impact them a lot more. You might be able to keep them from trying drugs when they're younger, but your impact later in life diminishes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Unfortunately the big players are medical professionals . Big pharma. The army. And all levels of government

The army? Do explain this one please.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Big pharma , the government, and the army aren't driving the fentanyl OD problem we're having. Your conspiracy theories detract attention from the real problem.

Return to “Central Okanagan”