Postill lake Rd turning into a landfill

kelbear25
Fledgling

Re: Postill lake Rd turning into a landfill

Post by kelbear25 »

So if you lend your car to a friend and they get a parking ticket, its your responsibility. Why can it not be the same for the garbage owner? Enforcement is needed to make people responsible for their own garbage.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The owner said "can't believe that Global News is here for my friend dumping stuff in the woods". That is big news - possible contamination of a creek. Why wouldn't it make the news? Illegal dumping is a huge problem and the guy should be showing up to remove the garbage and deal with it properly. No mention of being mad at the friend or wanting his 50 bucks back for doing something illegal. Hmmmm.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hmmmm.

I know , right ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:I hear a lot of people say that the city needs to lower the tipping fees at the land fill. FYI I can fill my 1 ton truck and trailer and it costs me $10. what needs to happen is people need to stop being so cheep or lazy in this town. If you can afford the gas to the bush and to buy what ever it is that your dumping then you can also afford to drive it to the landfill.

I don't think the tipping fees are the whole of the issue, but I do suspect that they contribute to the problem along with the multitude of rules that govern our waste disposal. Instead of having to run some of your garbage to one place to dispose of (say that used motor oil) and then run to another place to recycle some other "garbage" (that CRT tv that even charities don't want now, or your old toaster) and then head over to the recycling depot for the stuff that's not allowed in curbside recycling (stretchy plastic, glass, styrofoam) and then to the dump for the garbagiest garbage they still take (for a fee), it might help if all of those things could be deposited in bins at the dump and removed to the appropriate place from there. I'm not suggesting that we should allow all those things to be dumped in the landfill, just that there might be a more user friendly way of managing it instead of chauffeuring bits and bobs all over town.

Having said all that, of course there will always be some who think it's okay to dump their garbage in the bush and I applaud all efforts to curb that idiocy.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There is a pre sort dropoff ...first thing on the dump property, no need to sit in line at the scales..
Covers a lot of things you mentioned.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

I don't go to the dump very often, so I'm no expert. Last time I was to there I believe the drop off was only for "normal" recyclables, things like oil, light bulbs and dead electronics still had to go elsewhere. If that's changed, I stand happily corrected.
okanaganforesttaskforce

Post by okanaganforesttaskforce »

Update : The mess is now cleaned up. The person did not go down to clean it like they said they would so today at 3:30 my wife, mother in-law, and my self went to go clean it up.

We would like to thank Winn Rentals for lending us the dump trailer.

We are happy to say it looks like it should now and is all clean in that spot.
How hard is it to pick up after your self in the forest!!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:Update : The mess is now cleaned up. The person did not go down to clean it like they said they would so today at 3:30 my wife, mother in-law, and my self went to go clean it up.

I was working today . I would have come help . See u on the third
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

i would like to thank OFTF. Without you, nothing would ever get done. I feel bad in that I haven't helped out as much as i should. I shall make it up to you
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:Update : The mess is now cleaned up. The person did not go down to clean it like they said they would so today at 3:30 my wife, mother in-law, and my self went to go clean it up.

Lets just hope it stays that way... snort...

Thanks Kane. And to the TURNIP that "promised" to clean up after his "buddy" ...

YOU SUCK , asshat. Rot in Hell.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
okanaganforesttaskforce

Well our group is going to take a vote about changing the rule about public shaming. In a case like this we have personal info, a person admiting it was there garbage on the news and that a friend illegally dumped it.

The way we are looking at it is that the laws are not helping us right now and every one's hands are tied on doing something. Well our groups hands are not tied and its about time people actually get held accountable.

If you send a friend to the dump ask for the recipt, if you hire a company get a recipt. I once heard a person say "your always guilty until proven innocent" its about time people started taking responsibility or be held accountable.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:Well our group is going to take a vote about changing the rule about public shaming. In a case like this we have personal info, a person admiting it was there garbage on the news and that a friend illegally dumped it.

The way we are looking at it is that the laws are not helping us right now and every one's hands are tied on doing something. Well our groups hands are not tied and its about time people actually get held accountable.

If you send a friend to the dump ask for the recipt, if you hire a company get a recipt. I once heard a person say "your always guilty until proven innocent" its about time people started taking responsibility or be held accountable.

Please make sure you take legal advice as to what you can disclose. And can't.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
okanaganforesttaskforce

We plan on it and making sure we are covered.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

The public shaming absolutely needs to happen.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Seems it's the dumpers easy way out. "I'll just claim my garbage was stolen". There needs to be a way, a precedent, a watershed ruling... Perhaps the courts say that a person is always responsible for their crap.. All the way to incineration. Maybe these "people" will then make their crap less "steal able". Is that a word?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Central Okanagan”