Who Cares Ross?

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Who Cares Ross?

Post by gardengirl »

Sheesh. Disgraced athlete, failed attempt at politics....

This guy's 15 minutes of fame ran out decades ago. Why is this even a story? Sounds like a way to promote his latest business venture.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197323
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Who Cares Ross?

Post by Queen K »

I think this story speaks for a lot of Canadians who would like to cross the border but because of Reefer Madness Antiquated purtian ideals can't. And Ross is sort of the flagship for those who have to get to Mexico by flying over the USA and god forbid, have to set foot in LAX, a city of Angels, no one there has a history of anything.

So if a Canadian got remotely charged at 17 for a bit of pot but now can't go to Oroville to get cheaper cheese at age 59, it's rather silly on the part of the USA government to still be clinging to the idea that the "crime" is going to taint WA, where pot is now legal.

It's stupid. And should be held up to ridicule as often as possible.

What I'm saying is that a story like this could be the modern parable, where parents can seize the opportunity to talk to their kids about the consquences of their actions and how far reaching those actions can prove to be.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's the US, their laws.
We expect Americans NOT to bring their handguns into our country, that's Canada our laws.
Don't like it, stay home.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jimmy, you are seriously comparing a past history of pot possession with brining over a revolver in real time?

I get it that it's their laws, I'm say their laws need up dated and to be made more real for todays times.
This isn't the first post I've made about this either. I've often said that the USA could bring their puritan system up to date to the benefit of their OWN economy. Why are they keeping Canadians out of the USA for minor drug offenses from decades ago?

And especially now when so many States are legalizing pot themselves? And up dating their own possession laws?

So someone who got charged for possessing a minor amount back in 1985 is unable to spend mega dollars in the USA still, even in 2017.

Does this even make sense?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Jimmy hit it out of the park . Perfect example of stupid laws on both sides
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's THEIR LAWS, the end.
You can whine and cry about it but the option is stay home, simple.
We don't take it too well when they critique Canada's gun restrictions because Canadians more or less decided to have those restrictions.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jimmy4321 wrote:It's THEIR LAWS, the end.

So you're saying there are no stupid/out dated laws still in use?

Laws are updated all the time as society's values change and it's time to change this one.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

jimmy4321 wrote:It's THEIR LAWS, the end.
You can whine and cry about it but the option is stay home, simple.
We don't take it too well when they critique Canada's gun restrictions because Canadians more or less decided to have those restrictions.

Just to clear this up, I have a passport and have spent weeks in the USA in the last few years. Therefore I know how much money I personally have injected into their economy.

What's puzzling is the guy living beside me can't because even though he's 67 NOW, he got a minor possession charge back when he was 19 and can't do what I have done.

Antiquated Laws are hurting the American economy in the tourist sector.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I didn't say I agree with all their laws.

Our opinions barely mean much in our own country at times, don't expect anyone south of the border to give a crap of of the opinion of foreigners.
Worry about your home country, the US is capable of worrying about their own
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now agree. I don't expect them to give a crap about our opinions, but I do expect them to give a crap about all the businesses that could be soaking up extra dollars from tourism.

And they are hurting themselves. How much money would Ross spend down there? I'm going to guess "lots." Or rather would spend.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

gardengirl wrote:Sheesh. Disgraced athlete, failed attempt at politics....

This guy's 15 minutes of fame ran out decades ago. Why is this even a story? Sounds like a way to promote his latest business venture.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197323

Ironically if he owned a peeler bar in Kelowna he'd be allowed to cross the border, no problem.

One could argue both businesses exploit someone too.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I didn't say I agree with all their laws.

Our opinions barely mean much in our own country at times, don't expect anyone south of the border to give a crap of of the opinion of foreigners.
Worry about your home country, the US is capable of worrying about their own

What are you even talking about? Just bend over and take it?
That might work for you but for others there was is an apeal process. Which of course is what the article is about.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Stoner tabloid guff. Who cares.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree , I don't know why this is a story.

Ohhhh poor Ross!
Lol happy now
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

The pardon process is a huge joke..
Its a bit like...we will let you pass because you are paying....but if you dont pay, then you are a badder person.
BS money grab...... Even deserters got full pardons.. But a person that had one joint 40 years ago cant..?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “Central Okanagan”