Re: Coyotes

Post by LTD »

yes you should they will enjoy eating your other cuddly pets
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

This comes to mind... :up:

Adults only...strong language alert...funny none the less...

http://www.scarymommy.com/kayla-eby-fac ... and-prank/
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Jflem1983 wrote:Shoot em. Kill the rats too .

Haven't heard of too many rat problems so far this year, coyotes will now move to the next item on their grocery list.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Shoot em. Kill the rats too .

Out in the rural area's maybe, within city limits shooting a rifle will get the shooter into serious shi :cuss: .
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Rats are everywhere
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Barney Google wrote:This comes to mind... :up:

Adults only...strong language alert...funny none the less...

http://www.scarymommy.com/kayla-eby-fac ... and-prank/

That's as bad as me leaving the doors open so the raccoons can come in and eat from the cat's dish.
As of yesterday, a crow found its way in also.
It's great living alone.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Seen him chasing a deer yesterday . 3 more sightings on the back hill since yesterday. My dogs are ready for him. Wish i was further from town id take him out
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Well now there are 2 together. Got some good photos yesterday.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Here is a pic i got of Wiley E Coyote
Attachments
20180225_121302.jpg

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Mmmmm.....sure looks 'foxy' from here.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Pretty sure they are coyotes. Been within 20 feet several times. They killed a deer a few days ago. Pretty big and aggressive for a fox

trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

You will not see many fox in Kelowna if any at all. They disappeared over thirty year ago, either by predation by coyotes or disease, I suspect the later. Hear of a couple of sightings of fox on the West Side of the lake, first I have heard of in many years. Hope they make a return.

By the way the main reason you see several coyotes together and all over town right now is they are into their breeding season. A coyote even during the summer can travel from Rutland to the lower Mission in a matter of a couple of hours and they do constantly. Their home range is very large.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

A deviation from topic, sorry.....40 years ago at 3:00 a.m. On a dark spring night in upper Kamloops I was treated to a full grown gorgeous adult red fox beside my car (I was in it at the time), loping along beside me. It paid no attention to me or car, just kept its focus on path it was travelling....it was so "otherworldly" as if in a dream.

Naturally, as you can tell, this remarkable experience is mine forever.

Sadly, all the fox dens were destroyed by developments on hillsides, no more ethereal foxes or their kits anymore. Poor kidlets of today.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, habitat loss is the number one predation on most species today.

So sad for kids today, they will never know what it used to look like.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This was just seen on facebook in a Kelowna buy and sell site:

"Coyotes just killed my neighbours dog

Please people keep your pets on a leash my new neighbours that I have not even met yet lost their dog this morning ,coyote was waiting in their yard please realize that we are in interface and there are many wild animals that will eat your pets ,"

I have seen a full grown coyote trotting down my street a year ago, I am fully convinced that they are still coming downtown Kelowna, never mind Lake Country.

I am posting this to bring awareness to the issue again. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”