Sprinklers running 3+ days solid. What to do?

Blazer63

Re: Sprinklers running 3+ days solid. What to do?

Post by Blazer63 »

Who cares the water isn't drinkable anyway , just filled my pool and the tap water is *bleep* Brown , why am I paying double from 7 years ago when the water back then was clean and clear, unlike the weasel *bleep* that comes outta my taps now
Asked my neighbours and theirs is the same as mine , Whatta joke
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Most properly installed irrigation systems have a shut off near the outside valve box.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

westbankkid wrote:Most properly installed irrigation systems have a shut off near the outside valve box.

Most valves have a way to turn them on and off individually at the outside box, that way you can adjust the sprinklers without going back and forth to the brain to turn zones on. The main shut off will always be in the house or would freeze.

I had one zone that wouldn't shut off this year so I opened up the valve and cleaned the diaphragm which worked for about a week before it wouldn't shut off again. Went to an irrigation store and bought new diaphragms for all my valves, only 10$ a piece, all were the same age so decided just to replace them all. No problems since.

The neighbour of the OP may find the zone won't shut off again but an easy and inexpensive fix to replace the diaphragm.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Will setting up a Slip n' Slide help?

Return to “Central Okanagan”