Kelowna extraction

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Kelowna extraction

Post by Queen K »

monroe wrote:Youre all dirt bags.

When you guys are all pale and peaked and lacking in vitamin D this winter in your dreary grey slury, ill be thinking of you in my new sunny province.

... and i saw that "like" you gave bman, ferri! Trader!

If i have the power of a mod on my side, I SHALL reshape this thread and create my own narrative where you all suck and are jealous of my move to the mid-west paris of the prairies!

And freezing yer *bleep* off at minus 25 every freaking day from November to February.
So Jelly :laugh:

But how's the hunt for a dogsled for your stuff going?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

You Okanaganians are so thin skinned. Luckily growing back my thick skin from my time in the prairies 25yrs ago is like muscle memeory, its already coming back.

I am also starting to drink the Plisner "Pill" again as i shall be expected to fit in upon my arrival. That is helping to thicken up my skin also. Mostly around the belly area.

I even found my old snowshoes in the attic. For those orchard monkies that have never seen snowshoes, see here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe

...apparently thats what the prairie folk call the okanagians; orchard monkies. :biggrin:
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

When you guys are all pale and peaked and lacking in vitamin D this winter in your dreary grey slury, ill be thinking of you in my new sunny province.

If i have the power of a mod on my side, I SHALL reshape this thread and create my own narrative where you all suck and are jealous of my move to the mid-west paris of the prairies!

You might want to put studded tires in the late summer too. There are so many grasshoppers that the roads get slick. It's disgusting!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Look. I would rather grasshoppers than ants. This valley is one big anthill.

Oh and the funny thing is, the Ok cant even take the claim to fame for Marijuana. Check this out :

http://prairieplant.com/cannimed-medicinal-marijuana.html
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

That's Saskatchewan ditch weed.
They make baler twine outta it.
That's what all those quonsets in Saskatchewan are for.
They're retting facilities for hemp fiber.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking, "maybe we should go easy on Monroe. Be kinder and more sympathetic, you know? Take his stuff back over to his place tonight and hope he didn't notice it missing in the first place."
:admin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Ya. Right.
I'm going back to get that wind chime.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Lol you 2 are worse than this gang of racoons i got coming here nightly. Theyd try taking anyhing aint nailed down!

And i dont know about ditch weed. S'toon looks like its setting the standard for mj.
Heck, I even think stoons heroin/fentanyl epidemic could give the Ok's heroin/fentanyl epidemic a run for its money..
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

monroe wrote:Heck, I even think stoons heroin/fentanyl epidemic could give the Ok's heroin/fentanyl epidemic a run for its money..

People everywhere want a real good time or die trying.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

It's kinda hard to soak up any sunshine when your covered head to toe in wool and down to keep the windchill at bay.
At least Paris has the Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Élysées.
Whatever you do......don't drink the water.....

Hope your stay is short lived and you can return to "The Best place on Earth" ( I refer to the province as a whole not merely the Okanagan) sooner rather than later.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Once monroe gets settled there I'm going to change his nick to GrasshopperGuts. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

ferri wrote:Once monroe gets settled there I'm going to change his nick to GrasshopperGuts. :)

Steppenwolf4 wrote:Image

To the both of you!!

Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

NOW, THAT was very funny and very relevant. Enjoy your future life drinking bottled water and showering in water that is so hard that you can't tell when the soap has been rinsed off.
I have been there, done that, and couldn't wait to leave. I missed the mountains the most, at least I could use them as a landmark to which way is North.
The year that I was there, a teenager got a snowboard for Christmas, he was never heard from again after he started out looking for a pond with a slope on it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Regina is both beautiful and scary . Be careful where you go . Just like kelowna . Same goes for Saskatoon . The nice parts are nice .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”