Kelowna tap water

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Kelowna tap water

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Is the tap water in Kelowna safe to drink? are we still having sanitary issues?
spooker

Re: Kelowna tap water

Post by spooker »

The water quality advisory is still on for the Kelowna Water Utility so it depends on which part of town you're in ... who you're serviced by
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It is much better to go to the source for information on things like that.

https://www.kelowna.ca/city-services/wa ... king-water
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

My dogs were getting runny poops . I switched to bottled for the dogs . Damn spoiled dogs
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
spooker

Post by spooker »

Heh ... not long after my initial reply they lifted the ban for everyone north of KLO ... timing is everything
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Jflem1983 wrote:My dogs were getting runny poops . I switched to bottled for the dogs . Damn spoiled dogs

Our 2yr old has the same probelm. That said, we've been noticing little like "gnawing" marks on the fronds of our new palm.

Stay tuned...
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Is the tap water in Kelowna safe to drink? are we still having sanitary issues?

My daughter was in town visiting a friend in the North End, down by the foot of Knox Mountain. She turned on the kitchen faucet and said the water smelled like feces.
The only real safe water in the Central Okanagan is Rutland Water Works water. Deep wells and a closed system. Excellent back flow prevention system as well.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

monroe wrote:

Our 2yr old has the same probelm. That said, we've been noticing little like "gnawing" marks on the fronds of our new palm.
Saskatchewan has good water.
All that potash builds strong bones.
Strong bones build strong children.
Strong children build strong family equity.
Nothing worse than shiftless kids.
Get em working young I say.

Stay tuned...
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Learning soon to use the quote feature.
I haven't been here very long.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Anonymous123 wrote:The only real safe water in the Central Okanagan is Rutland Water Works water. Deep wells and a closed system. Excellent back flow prevention system as well.

I have to disagree with you on that one...Our water in Glenrosa is also excellent quality fed by the Powers Creek Watershed. No turbidity or boil water problems here.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anonymous123 wrote:The only real safe water in the Central Okanagan is Rutland Water Works water. Deep wells and a closed system. Excellent back flow prevention system as well.

prairieflower wrote:I have to disagree with you on that one...Our water in Glenrosa is also excellent quality fed by the Powers Creek Watershed. No turbidity or boil water problems here.

Your water may be excellent, but it is from an open source and therefore open to contamination.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Anonymous123 wrote:

prairieflower wrote:I have to disagree with you on that one...Our water in Glenrosa is also excellent quality fed by the Powers Creek Watershed. No turbidity or boil water problems here.

Your water may be excellent, but it is from an open source and therefore open to contamination.

No its not...it goes through the filtration system, therefore clean out of our taps. This is not all of Westbank as I am sure you know...as many are a boil water notice. ☺
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Rutland water FTW cant beat natural filters
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Imo rutland water is the best in the area.

Return to “Central Okanagan”