Tailgate Politics

jodester

Tailgate Politics

Post by jodester »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/20 ... e-politics

This guy may want to do a little spellchecking before advertising his political views.

I hate when I "loose my job" LOL
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Tailgate Politics

Post by whatwhat »

I also like how he says he will either "loose" or keep his job when it says in the article he is retired...
hail Satan y'all
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Lol - oops on him and whatever vehicle graphics company that made them for him.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I was gonna post this earlier lol.

NDP/Green
My kids learn to spell 'lose'

Also the irony of someone saying they'll lose their job under the NDP/green when they're retired...
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

OR....if he had voted NDP, he would "released" his job. Indicating that he had released his employment by voting NDP by his choice of government.
To "lose" something means that: It was not by choice or by way of an accidental action.

Lose vs Loose

A lot of people are mixing up lose and loose. In particular, a lot of people are writing loose when they really mean lose. Here are the definitions of the two words from my Penguin dictionary:

loose [lOOs] adj not fastened or pre-packed; not tied up or confined; able to move freely; not tight, not firmly fixed; not close-fitting; careless, inaccurate, vague; dissolute, immoral; not closely woven; flabby; (of bowels) inclined to diarrhoea; l. box stable or van in which an animal can move about; at a l. end uncertain what to do next; unoccupied ~ loose adv in a loose way; play fast and l. behave rashly or unscupulously ~ loose n release; on the l. free from restraint; on a spree; ~ loose v/t untie, undo; release from confinement or constraint, set free; detatch; fire (gun); shoot (arrow); (eccles) absolve.

lose (p/t and p/part lost) [lOOz] v/t and i no longer have; be deprived of by accident or misfortune; mislay, fail to find; fail to get or win; be too late for; be bereaved of; waste; be defeated or beaten; suffer loss, become worse off; fail to hear, see or understand; cause or allow to perish; (of clock or watch) go too slowly; (refl) miss the right path; become absorbed in; l. one's head become flustered, panic; l. one's temper grow angry; l. one's way fail to find the right path; l. out (US) be defeated after a struggle.

In conclusion to "loose" something would be done voluntarily, to lose something would be someone else's actions or by accident.

His statement holds true and is an expression of his opinion.
tw1nm3t3or

Post by tw1nm3t3or »

Seems a little loose in the head with that spelling.
Seriously do a spell check before you plaster your thoughts
on your car. [icon_lol2.gif]
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bet he'd have no trouble spelling loser.

Go figure.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Perhaps a Thesaurus should be provided to all NDP, tailgate, readers?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:OR....if he had voted NDP, he would "released" his job. Indicating that he had released his employment by voting NDP by his choice of government.
To "lose" something means that: It was not by choice or by way of an accidental action.

Lose vs Loose

A lot of people are mixing up lose and loose. In particular, a lot of people are writing loose when they really mean lose. Here are the definitions of the two words from my Penguin dictionary:

loose [lOOs] adj not fastened or pre-packed; not tied up or confined; able to move freely; not tight, not firmly fixed; not close-fitting; careless, inaccurate, vague; dissolute, immoral; not closely woven; flabby; (of bowels) inclined to diarrhoea; l. box stable or van in which an animal can move about; at a l. end uncertain what to do next; unoccupied ~ loose adv in a loose way; play fast and l. behave rashly or unscupulously ~ loose n release; on the l. free from restraint; on a spree; ~ loose v/t untie, undo; release from confinement or constraint, set free; detatch; fire (gun); shoot (arrow); (eccles) absolve.

lose (p/t and p/part lost) [lOOz] v/t and i no longer have; be deprived of by accident or misfortune; mislay, fail to find; fail to get or win; be too late for; be bereaved of; waste; be defeated or beaten; suffer loss, become worse off; fail to hear, see or understand; cause or allow to perish; (of clock or watch) go too slowly; (refl) miss the right path; become absorbed in; l. one's head become flustered, panic; l. one's temper grow angry; l. one's way fail to find the right path; l. out (US) be defeated after a struggle.

In conclusion to "loose" something would be done voluntarily, to lose something would be someone else's actions or by accident.

His statement holds true and is an expression of his opinion.

Think you're misinterpreting. I get no such conclusion from your def.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Oh well, I can live with that.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

tw1nm3t3or wrote:Seems a little loose in the head with that spelling.
Seriously do a spell check before you plaster your thoughts
on your car. [icon_lol2.gif]

Give the guy a break already. He is a French Canadian with a strong accent. He meant lose, and spelled loose as he would have enunciated it.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

jodester wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/200036/Tailgate-politics

This guy may want to do a little spellchecking before advertising his political views.

I hate when I "loose my job" LOL

As the reporter said:
he said through a thick French Canadian accent, so we will forgive him his spelling errors.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:Oh well, I can live with that.

Yup, me too.

Just don't take your graphic works to this business.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

What_the wrote:
Steppenwolf4 wrote:Oh well, I can live with that.

Yup, me too.

Just don't take your graphic works to this business.

Hey! The customer wrote it, he signed off on it after proofreading it and they printed it. The customer got what he wanted and much more attention than he thought he might get because it was published and debated on Castanet forums.
He wins!!
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Go drive around Merrit. I am sure the 300 people who lost their jobs under Christie will have other things to say.

Return to “Central Okanagan”