When's Uber coming to Kelowna??

Jlabute
Guru

Re: whens uber coming to kelowna ??

Post by Jlabute »

youjustcomplain wrote:I was stranded, in town, a few weeks ago. I called for a cab. 55 minutes later, the cab showed up. 15 minute drive home cost me $55.

If a service can get to me faster then get me home for less, I'm ok with that.

They charged you $1 for every minute you had to wait? Hehe. Sounds like a cab service to me. I am all for Uber. Perhaps I am optimistic in how well it will work out, yet you hear a lot in the news about cab drivers who assault their passengers too.
My wife uses cabs from time to time when I can't drive her... costs an arm and leg. Uber and self driving cars will cut in to a cabbies way of life in the future.
Somehow I can't envision the cost of transportation getting cheaper. Even if teleportation was invented today, they would charge you $5 per kilometre.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: When's Uber coming to Kelowna??

Post by stuphoto »

After a quick tour through Vancouver I found out about a couple more options that may ( or may not ) interest some people.
https://www.poparide.com/travel/kelowna-bc

https://www.ogocarshare.ca/

sorry I am never home so I have not tried either service.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: whens uber coming to kelowna ??

Post by vegas1500 »

lightspeed wrote:
cyberking wrote:hi whens the big day ?? anyone hear anything bout this ? :biggrin:

Hopefully never. An unlicensed rabble.

It's bad enough seeing the way the yellow peril cabs run around town. And they've had to get a Class 4 license. Can you imagine 500 wannabe amateur cab drivers with no training, no licensing and no oversight. Just a free for all. Another gongshow to add to Kelowna's craziness.

Hopefully soon. Used many times in Edmonton and always been very reliable, professional and you're not riding in a POS cab that got its safety inspection passed in a back room by some dude for a $50 bribe.
Mytown
Fledgling

Post by Mytown »

I've used Uber a number of times in the U.S. Each time I have used the App to request service, arrival time was always less than 10 minutes and the drivers were usually retired individuals who were very professional and polite. Wait times in Kelowna are similar to their price structure...HIGH!

I can't wait until Uber arrives in K-Country!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Mytown wrote:I've used Uber a number of times in the U.S. Each time I have used the App to request service, arrival time was always less than 10 minutes and the drivers were usually retired individuals who were very professional and polite. Wait times in Kelowna are similar to their price structure...HIGH!

I can't wait until Uber arrives in K-Country!

In Kelowna you'll get a mix of retirees as described above, and unemployable itinerant yobs. Delightful.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
MrSandman

Post by MrSandman »

I have used Uber many times in the US. Always a good experience, immediate availability, on time, with competitive fares.
I can't wait for them to open shop in BC

Return to “Central Okanagan”