West Kelowna squeezed

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: West Kelowna squeezed

Post by fall »

** Removed by me.
Last edited by fall on Jun 23rd, 2017, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Fancy wrote:Where has West Kelowna really grown?

You need to ask?

Look at the mountainsides after dark, go for a drive.....what used to be seasonal/summer traffic jams are now year round
events.

While a majority of the population growth has taken place on WFN lands it is just as evident on non-reserve lands as well.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Raven1 wrote:While a majority of the population growth has taken place on WFN lands it is just as evident on non-reserve lands as well.
Ask a simple question. I asked where it has "really grown". Not interested what's going on WFN lands but fall mentioned the different neighbourhoods. I'll have to take a drive and see all these new developments that have occurred since incorporation.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

You must not live on this side of the lake. It's in-your-face obvious where it's grown.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Amalgamate.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

Apparently we have a simular problem on this side of the effluent lake with traffic trying to move from the algae bloom on the south slopes to ANYWHERE...and there are many more houses yet to built . So it will be the farm land that will be paved over to make more roads only to move more cars towards that wonderful traffic light rittled hwy . Do you see the irony? I say STOP building...let the dust settle and maybe we can have a nice place to live again. Enough is enough.. :-X
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not PC wrote:You must not live on this side of the lake. It's in-your-face obvious where it's grown.

It really wasn't a hard question "where has it REALLY grown in West Kelowna?". Name a couple of places that have exploded (I know of Tallus Ridge and Smith Creek). West Kelowna as a city hasn't been incorporated for very long and I don't see the businesses being built here either. There will be another development near the Shannon Lake Golf Course that will be starting any time (surveyors there not too long ago). What is being built now that is not on lease land? I just would like to check it out.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Not PC wrote:You must not live on this side of the lake. It's in-your-face obvious where it's grown.

I moved to Kelowna in 2006. Every week I drive to Peachland two days and have seen the growth. The commercial big box stores, the new residential development is quite obvious even from the highway. It now has everything other then a Public Hospital that Kelowna has.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

AtticSalt wrote:Apparently we have a simular problem on this side of the effluent lake with traffic trying to move from the algae bloom on the south slopes to ANYWHERE...and there are many more houses yet to built . So it will be the farm land that will be paved over to make more roads only to move more cars towards that wonderful traffic light rittled hwy . Do you see the irony? I say STOP building...let the dust settle and maybe we can have a nice place to live again. Enough is enough.. :-X

Agreed.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Fancy that! A simple answer ... Thanks Ken!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well Ken7 didn't answer my question. Aren't most of the commercial big box stores on reserve? Are people getting Westbank First Nation lands and West Kelowna confused?
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Fancy wrote:Well Ken7 didn't answer my question. Aren't most of the commercial big box stores on reserve? Are people getting Westbank First Nation lands and West Kelowna confused?

Ahhhh, you're one of them ....West Kelowna proud.

If not for WFN, the luxury of goods and groceries would not be so prevalent on the west side of the lake. You can't have a West Kelowna without WFN lands.

The growth on non reserve lands is everywhere....Rose Valley, Lake View Heights, Shannon Lake, Gellatly, and even Westbank proper.

Oh look, it's Sunday....go for a drive.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Raven1 wrote:The growth on non reserve lands is everywhere....Rose Valley, Lake View Heights, Shannon Lake, Gellatly, and even Westbank proper.

Oh look, it's Sunday....go for a drive.

Guess you are confused - try reading the article in the first post. I'll ignore the irrelvant part of your post and just reiterate I was just asking a simple question (twice) so no need to repeat it. I also mentioned the areas I've seen built up and I've already been for the drive to check out the neighbourhoods I haven't had a chance to visit in the last couple of years. "nuff said.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There were also a record-breaking number of single family homebuilding permits issued in 2016, “and all signs point to an even better year in 2017.”
If people think it's bad now, just wait. Shannon Lake Road still has the traffic light at the little bridge, OK highway still in construction and the proposed subdivision on Mt. Boucherie will probably cause chaos. There's articles about Peachland being a bedroom community to West Kelowna but West Kelowna is a bedroom community to Kelowna. People aren't going to be happy if city parks are sold off to make room for other structures.

Return to “Central Okanagan”