Castanet buys Juice FM

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Castanet buys Juice FM

Post by Queen K »

Maybe the neo-cons can have a show all about how the NDP and the Greens can run the Province, say from 12 am til 3 am? Fine time slot. Anyone who couldn't sleep could tune in and get inspiration.

I can see this idea working!
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 3rd, 2017, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I could see being on there with Dirtybiker, maybe Graham Adder.... A few other people...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I could see being on there with Dirtybiker, maybe Graham Adder.... A few other people...

Ya, you guys could have like a "Guy Talk" segment, you know, boating, cars what Kelowna used to be as opposed to now, and shop talk stuff.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Bsuds wrote:
TimmyE wrote:Castanet has a good thing going. I think they are nuts to go into the radio business.

I think he was in the radio business before so he's not going into this blind.

Nick Frost owned SILK FM before starting Castanet.

What I think I'll like about Castanet Radio, more than the website, is that you can't make 50 typos, in three news stories, on the radio...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

onestop67 wrote:What I think I'll like about Castanet Radio, more than the website, is that you can't make 50 typos, in three news stories, on the radio...

Well from past history I'm not sure their commentators will be able to read and talk at the same time.
If they have to get their info from Castanet staff it could be interesting too.

You guys will have to let me know because I don't listen to the radio.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

I wonder if this is some sort of nostalgia trip. Between podcasts to satisfy "talk radio" audiences and virtually everyone having their own personal, portable music collection at their fingertips, terrestrial radio is definitely a dying industry. It's been six years since I listened to radio regularly (that's when I first bought a car where the stereo could control my ipod) and I can't imagine going back to it. At. All.

ETA: I do wish them luck though!
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

I certainly dont think its a horrible idea. Theyve got a large existing base already there to draw from so hopfully they get it right from the start.
We live in an A.D.D culture so i cant see there being any second chances if the their programming doesnt catch from the get-go.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Central Okanagan”