Boat launch blocker

Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Boat launch blocker

Post by Wally »

I noticed some changes in the rental operations this weekend. They are at least making efforts to ease the situation. I saw they were pulling boats away from the dock to do the paperwork and checklist stuff. Some of the trucks were parked in stalls by the yacht club and they were using the north side of the dock that doesn't block the ramps. I had more issues with families parking right in the middle of the launch area to load their boats than I had with the rental boats themselves. I still think they need to slow down putting the trailers in the water before someone gets hurt. Saw a very dangerous turn around and fast reverse on to the ramp by one.
Going today, hear tommorow
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

There back.....and now the boat rental companies that are responsible for abusing the launch are blaming the boat dealers for all the congestion on the weekend.
Most boat dealers that I know don't use the boat launch on the long weekends.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#226897
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

The lake is going to be ridiculous this season and get progressively worse as more and more people move here and live the “Okanagan lifestyle”. The waves from all the boat traffic should be good too, have fun!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I had no idea this was even happening, yet it's not at all surprising. We've been avoiding the lake after 7:00AM for the last 15 years or so because it's too congested. Maybe it's a good thing to temper the number of people on the lake at any given time. It only takes one idiot to ruin a day for many.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

You know the old saying, common sense is not common anymore.

It's all about me!!! Last weekend a fellow with a 80's speed ski boat, nice boat pulls onto the dock. He hogs both of the two dock stops as he waits of his trailer.

I did politely ask him to pull forward, although he did so reluctantly. Think about others, just not yourself. We all have to work together to make it enjoyable.

I was happy to see there is some investigative reporting that is bringing it to the City they are missing it. IF you have such a beautiful lake you have a drawing card. Why not use it???

This City has little to no idea when it comes to boating and it appears they don't care.
Yet we give away a lake shore property to a select group of friends of the Mayer and call it the Rowing Club, we shut down another boat launch and we put a Tourism office on lake shore property. With of course no room to drive in with a Camper or a Boat to gather information as to what this City has to offer.

I guess they want everyone to just drink wine and be drunks!
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Sit at Roses, drink some beers and eat popcorn and watch the chaos at the boat launch. :130:
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

soupy wrote:Sit at Roses, drink some beers and eat popcorn and watch the chaos at the boat launch. :130:

You may not realize this, to park at Prospara, $50.00 for truck and trailer per night. Truly promoting the lake!!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ken7 wrote:
soupy wrote:Sit at Roses, drink some beers and eat popcorn and watch the chaos at the boat launch. :130:

You may not realize this, to park at Prospara, $50.00 for truck and trailer per night. Truly promoting the lake!!

Not once they build a few more chickenless coops
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

If anyone witnessed a Hit and Run at the Eldorador, likely on Saturday 26 May. Victim vehicle parked row one off of the launch and about two parking stalls deep. Apparently the fellow next to me can't drive well and turned failing to understand his trailer contacted my front bumper, leaving paint smear.

Reward offered! Victim 2001 White GMC 2500 with trailer in tow.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Castanet has reached out to the City of Kelowna for a response.

I'd like to hear someone " ask " the Mayor and those *bleep* at TOURISM KELOWNA , " why did you close the deep water launch in favour of that white elephant of a tourist centre" ? now .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Good thing I dont own a boat to care!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

good thing know one cares that you dont own a boat some of us actually do and boat launches along with truck and trailer parking are a problem here so if you have nothing intelligent to add ..........
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LTD wrote:good thing know one cares that you dont own a boat some of us actually do and boat launches along with truck and trailer parking are a problem here so if you have nothing intelligent to add ..........

Symbonite can sit on the fancy dock and watch you go by...and wish he had a friend who might take him on the water.

Oh well so sad this City will toss money out on many other things for small groups of SPECIAL friends and they miss what a great lake we have!!
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Yup, so glad I don't own a boat. Sounds like owning one is nothing but a huge hassle in the Okanagan.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

techrtr wrote:Yup, so glad I don't own a boat. Sounds like owning one is nothing but a huge hassle in the Okanagan.

It is - everyone I know who has bought a boat has gotten rid of it within a few years - huge expense for something you only use for half the year, plus the added stress of getting it in and out of the water.

Return to “Central Okanagan”