39%
with 50 lashes
13%

Total votes: 87

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Start jailing smokers who toss their butt out the car wi

Post by Gixxer »

Another brain dead butt flicker. When will these idiots learn? Enough is enough already $10000 fine or a year in jail.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... arted-fire
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

They. Don't. Care.

And that area looks like it hasn't had a controlled burn in years.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Gixxer wrote:Another brain dead butt flicker. When will these idiots learn? Enough is enough already $10000 fine or a year in jail.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... arted-fire

So, its like warning your children of an unacceptable behavior and the consequences that will happen to them if they do and then never ever, in a million years do you ever actually follow through with the punishment. Then years go by and you raise your children and all they understand is they can get away with anything they want.
Speed blitz, D and D blitz, how about a loser tossing cig's out of his car blitz?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

How about a reward for anyone who has dash camera evidence of a butt flicker
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

GordonH wrote:How about a reward for anyone who has dash camera evidence of a butt flicker

I like this. Actual evidence. Yes, these smokers should be fined. Photos of vehicles that people say they threw out a butt are really useless. But a video proving they did it is something. It would be nice to see these people heavily fined.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

They should loose their lisences for a month, first offence plus pay $1000. Second offence loose lisence for a year and fine 5k
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gixxer wrote:Another brain dead butt flicker?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202796

Exactly.

I mentioned this in thread on this fire so I mention here as well:
Anyone traveling in the area of this fire who happened to have dash cam on, check it just in case you may caught evidence in this fire. That will help nail the person
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Wonder how many fires would be started if it were not for " e cigarettes ".
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe in addition to what we can do in Canada, fines etc.
Why not report this behavior to the US border people, maybe it will deny them entry to the US which could be a real inconvenience for some.
If you are throwing butts out the window and potentially costing the province millions and risking lives, shouldn't the offence end up on a criminal record?
Who can afford these careless butt flickers driving thru their Hwys & Parks?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is a site called report litter that reports licence plates and what is being thrown out the window. There are signs along the highway that state a $2,000 fine for littering. No point in changing laws if the current ones aren't being enforced.

The RCMP can enforce fines both under the Motor Vehicle and Wildfire acts for littering, failing to extinguish and report a fire, dropping a burning substance, failing to comply with restricted area regulations and for lighting a fire against regulations and permit. Cst. Clark states that’s only a partial list of possible charges someone who tosses a cigarette could face.

“Fines under the Wildfire Act may exceed $5,000 and persons found responsible for causing a fire may be subject to a fine of up to $1,000,000 and/or up to three years imprisonment,” says Cst. Clark.

http://globalnews.ca/news/549825/carele ... lion-fine/

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_ ... roperty.29
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Catri wrote:
Gixxer wrote:Its should be a $10000 fine. These careless ignorant brain dead smokers need to be taught a lesson.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/201766 ... 575-ticket

Good idea. Let's make the fines so high that very few will actually pay them and so they'll be of no real deterrent value at all. That way we, who naturally have never done a stupid, careless thing in our lives can harumph and gloat all the more about those ignorant brain dead others who have, as we drive them into bankruptcy. Heck, maybe we can make the fines for speeding and distracted driving that high too.

Honestly, I think $575 is an absolutely fair penalty for doing something so stupid and being lucky enough that it didn't actually start a fire.

And again; someone who comes along to state that "it can't possibly work because people won't pay anyhow so why bother?"

Every freakin time a thread about people and their poor behavior is eventually de-railed with apathy. My guess is Catri is a smoker.

What you're saying is that while it may be bone headed to carelessly discard ciggy butts, it's not so egregious as to warrant a really stiff fine even in light of all of the chaos we are in the midst of right now? "well, it's not like he started a fire so don't go too hard on him". That attitude is half the reason we have so many dumb assses who still don't see themselves as dumb asssses.

Here's a thought though; do the deed, get the fine, don't pay the fine and then go to jail. How's that for due process?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mexi cali wrote:And again; someone who comes along to state that "it can't possibly work because people won't pay anyhow so why bother?"
I say why bother if the fines aren't being issued to start with. The regulations need to be enforced now.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Lets hold off on $1000 to $1million dollar fines, life in jail, the death sentence and on and on about butt flickers. Lets see what walking down the street with a torch lighting fires "intentionally" garners for punishment. Say what you want about somebody that throws a butt out of a car window in an area when surrounded with very combustible material ..........more than likely just stupid with no intention to start a fire.........big difference. And no, I am not defending smokers but when people start "rattling off" what THEY think should happen to these people it gets a little overboard.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Don't forget parking in dry grass. A catalytic converter can get up to 1,600 degrees F/871 C.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Central Okanagan”