39%
with 50 lashes
13%

Total votes: 87

pepecat
Board Meister

Re: Start jailing smokers who toss their butt out the car wi

Post by pepecat »

OldBlindDog wrote:An alternate news source to Castanet states "Fire suspected to start in the ditch"... you do the math.

News sources are saying that some kids were having a fire on the beach.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

OldBlindDog wrote:An alternate news source to Castanet states "Fire suspected to start in the ditch"... you do the math.

A few years ago I was out in my kayak cruising the shoreline and there was a group of kids on the beach having a campfire. I mentioned to them that the fire hazard was pretty high and they just told me that it was under control. Basically beat it lol. If a fire had started that day, no doubt a cigarette would have been blamed.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

My friend, who lives on Nighthawk Road, finally arrived, and he confirmed that it was a discarded cigarette. Apparently the RCMP have a picture of the guy, so hopefully the guy gets caught.

I did jump to conclusions, and I am sorry for that. Just upset about my friend possibly losing everything.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

OldBlindDog wrote:My friend, who lives on Nighthawk Road, finally arrived, and he confirmed that it was a discarded cigarette. Apparently the RCMP have a picture of the guy, so hopefully the guy gets caught.

Build a gallows on the beach at OK Centre.

Perhaps then, the smokers will understand just how angry the public are at their stupidity.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
mpadt

Post by mpadt »

The taxpayers here in Ktown end up paying for all of them to be jailed....not likely such a great idea People!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I care not to reply or respond to what was an obvious emotional remark, for which I apologise for not containing my self better.

However, even though I was an emotionally charged prick, what if the next guy is also emotionally charged and isn't on a key board?

Something to think about, do gooders. Just sayin.

Use your phone first.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

johnny24 wrote:
This is why it's hard to take you guys seriously. I don't smoke, and I don't condone anyone flicking butts out the window, but it's extremely rare that someone dies in a forest fire in Canada.

People do die in arson fires, and to me flicking a butt is pretty close to arson, when you end up setting a whole neighborhood or town on fire.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What if the newly opened Distillery had gone up in smoke? Would it be butt flicking arson? Osoyoos Fire Dept had to put out a hedge fire near a business from a butt flicker. Why is it that cigarette smokers still behave like this?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202001
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Queen K wrote:What if the newly opened Distillery had gone up in smoke? Would it be butt flicking arson? Osoyoos Fire Dept had to put out a hedge fire near a business from a butt flicker. Why is it that cigarette smokers still behave like this?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202001

Because they're brain dead from lack of oxygen from sucking on cigarettes all their life.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Although they won't eliminate the problem there are Fire Safe Cigarettes that burn out at points if they aren't being sucked on.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_safe_cigarette
I almost wonder why the government doesn't require such precautions, at least during the fire season.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

stuphoto wrote:Although they won't eliminate the problem there are Fire Safe Cigarettes that burn out at points if they aren't being sucked on.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_safe_cigarette
I almost wonder why the government doesn't require such precautions, at least during the fire season.

How about those brain dead butt flickers stop flicking their butts. Its really that simple.
Last edited by Gixxer on Jul 18th, 2017, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Another one, started in some bushes. How do you suppose that happened?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... closes-hwy

Yes, you idiot butt tossers, it really can kill someone, it's only a matter of time. Not to mention tying up resources, cost to fight each fire, people displaced, terrified, and losing all their stuff.
Millions of cigarettes are still on sale, and being sold every day. Why? No one has to smoke cigarettes. People aren't allowed to walk around carrying roman candles, or burning torches, but our society has catered to smokers for far too long. There is not one good thing that comes of it. Shut it down.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

What_the wrote:I care not to reply or respond to what was an obvious emotional remark, for which I apologise for not containing my self better.

However, even though I was an emotionally charged prick, what if the next guy is also emotionally charged and isn't on a key board?

Something to think about, do gooders. Just sayin.

Use your phone first.

i see it alot from your type , you say something out of line knowing full well it is and was , then come back later and try to apologise , own your poop or say nothing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Is walking around a combustible fuel packed area with a lit match wanton behaviour?

Would tossing that lit match into said combustible material be criminal?

If it's not to be considered 'attempted' murder...how about arson?

If a person shoots a gun off at a house and kills a person is that not murder?

Throw the suckers in jail and hit them with the entire book.

People are loosing EVERYTHING...forests and wildlife are being obliterated...and yes people have died.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Nothing will ever change unless enforcement actually takes place.
Yes, we have all heard the usual reasoning why it doesn't, and yes we all understand how busy the police, other enforcement are, but that's an excuse of today's system. We need to change the whole acceptable tolerance with in. It should be mandatory to fine every single person seen littering or discarding cig's. Hammer them all. "0" tolerance. Remember just like photo radar, easy to find the vans all needed, with camera's and officers placed every where to catch unknowing offenders. so cut the crap, get on with it, and actually change what we accept as acceptable levels of enforcement.
Because guess what, it's not enough.

Return to “Central Okanagan”