Loud exhaust clampdown

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Loud exhaust clampdown

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:this city should hire more bylaw officers and start enforcing all the rules, they would make a killing $$$$$$$

Does CoK bylaw officers deal with motor vehicle noise or is that up to the RCMP. CoK bylaw officers deal with noisy neighbour complaints.

If motor vehicle noise is up to RCMP to enforce, good luck seeing any changes on the streets.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

GordonH wrote:
the truth wrote:this city should hire more bylaw officers and start enforcing all the rules, they would make a killing $$$$$$$

Does CoK bylaw officers deal with motor vehicle noise or is that up to the RCMP. CoK bylaw officers deal with noisy neighbour complaints.

If motor vehicle noise is up to RCMP to enforce, good luck seeing any changes on the streets.

Truth, I dunno if they are really busy or dont even care but I've passed them head on MULTIPLE times on the way to ok falls pulling 110-125 on that hiway, and its limited to 80.. they just don't seem to care.

That or I'm insanely lucky lol.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

GordonH wrote:Does CoK bylaw officers deal with motor vehicle noise or is that up to the RCMP.

Unfortunately no, only the RCMP.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ this thread is about noise, not speed.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

GH I thought you were responding to my post, so I edited it.

I see the posts got out of sync.
Last edited by Ub2 on Jul 14th, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ub2 wrote:What does my answer have to do with speed.

Nothing you beat me at posting, look at the previous post.

I'm posting using a piece of crap samsung tablet, that working with previous quotes sucks.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Gee, I'm chasing you around, now I'm slow on the trigger. [icon_lol2.gif]
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Well, I hope they do something about it. If you drove around in a car or truck without a muffler you'd be pulled over pretty quick. Don't know why motorcycles are any different. Maybe all that's needed is a "24 hours to report to the detachment for noise measurement" order and it will be so inconvenient that that Harleytards will get tired of the hassles, grow up a little bit, and put a muffler on their stupid mid life crises. Noise is a recognized pollutant that affects quality of life.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

techrtr wrote:Well, I hope they do something about it. If you drove around in a car or truck without a muffler you'd be pulled over pretty quick. Don't know why motorcycles are any different. Maybe all that's needed is a "24 hours to report to the detachment for noise measurement" order and it will be so inconvenient that that Harleytards will get tired of the hassles, grow up a little bit, and put a muffler on their stupid mid life crises. Noise is a recognized pollutant that affects quality of life.

I've been hearing the same complaint for years, do I see any progress in that time. Not really
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:I've been hearing the same complaint for years, do I see any progress in that time. Not really

This is the only place I've ever heard (read) a complaint on this topic. I can say the same about a lot of topics in these forums though.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Now if they would only crack down on the idiots rolling coal, that would be real progress. I just can't understand how in a province that loves to call itself "Supernatural British Columbia," this stuff is allowed to continue unabated.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ub2 wrote:Unfortunately no, only the RCMP.

It would be interesting to see the statistics for Kelowna proper on just how much they enforce, in all categories such as speed, traffic light infraction and of course my pet peeve Texting.

I bet their stats do not compare to say Saskatoon or Regina which are Municipal enforced. For the record, Saskatoon has a very high crime rate also.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ken7 wrote:It would be interesting to see the statistics for Kelowna proper on just how much they enforce, in all categories such as speed, traffic light infraction and of course my pet peeve Texting.

I bet their stats do not compare to say Saskatoon or Regina which are Municipal enforced. For the record, Saskatoon has a very high crime rate also.

That's why it amazes me that people still want the police to enforce meaningless stuff like loud noise from cars. Really, how many seconds of your day is ruined because of this issue?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

johnny24 wrote:

That's why it amazes me that people still want the police to enforce meaningless stuff like loud noise from cars. Really, how many seconds of your day is ruined because of this issue?

Trolling much? As for my day, you made me laugh thanks...

The larger picture is our insurance costs. Just in two days two very serious in City motorcycle accidents, what will that cost ICBC? Why do you pay high insurance premiums in BC? IF the police do not enforce the Provincial laws who should?

A good traffic cop will gather more intelligence then the average plain cloths officer. You see you deal with the little stuff and you end up cleaning up the big pile of crap. I realize that might be too much for some to comprehend but it is true and it works in Policing.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ken7 wrote:
johnny24 wrote:

Trolling much? As for my day, you made me laugh thanks...

The larger picture is our insurance costs. Just in two days two very serious in City motorcycle accidents, what will that cost ICBC? Why do you pay high insurance premiums in BC? IF the police do not enforce the Provincial laws who should?

A good traffic cop will gather more intelligence then the average plain cloths officer. You see you deal with the little stuff and you end up cleaning up the big pile of crap. I realize that might be too much for some to comprehend but it is true and it works in Policing.

Not sure what you're going on about, but this thread is about loud noise.

Return to “Central Okanagan”