Central Green condos

featfan
Guru

Central Green condos

Post by featfan »

Firewalls or no firewalls.
There are alot of units being built on the old KSS site.
Does anyone see any firewalls?
They might be there but I sure can`t see them.
Sure they are built to code(probably) but 4 storey wood buildings come on, put in a cinderblock wall every so often.
One idiot putting a cig out in a planter or a bbq gone wild.
I like how the builder is saying their new tower at Ellis and Lawrence is concrete.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Central Green condos

Post by GordonH »

I would never buy a wood constructed condo, besides the fire issues. Over time wood construction starts to squeaks and creaks, no thank-you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

Rack um n stack um...no thanks...What about the mess of them (call them 'condo's if you want..I call them apartments)going up on what used to be awesome fertile soil on K.L.O. road...and another batch of them soon to be erected on lakeshore road..again awesome fertile soil... (scratches head with an furrowed brow)... :130:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

AtticSalt wrote:Rack um n stack um...no thanks...What about the mess of them (call them 'condo's if you want..I call them apartments)going up on what used to be awesome fertile soil on K.L.O. road...and another batch of them soon to be erected on lakeshore road..again awesome fertile soil... (scratches head with an furrowed brow)... :130:

And I assume you do not live on awesome fertile soil?
You and 71 others Like this post
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'd be more concerned with sprinklers as far as safety is concerned, every apartment building and condo I've been in in Kelowna had firewalls.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

jimmy4321 wrote:I'd be more concerned with sprinklers as far as safety is concerned, every apartment building and condo I've been in in Kelowna had firewalls.

Central green has sprinklers so did waters edge
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

AtticSalt wrote:Rack um n stack um...no thanks...What about the mess of them (call them 'condo's if you want..I call them apartments)going up on what used to be awesome fertile soil on K.L.O. road...and another batch of them soon to be erected on lakeshore road..again awesome fertile soil... (scratches head with an furrowed brow)... :130:

what good is the soil when you can not make a living on it. look around there are a lot of these empty and turning into weed filled garbage dumps, at least this lot is put to good use.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Down the road here in Edmonton they're pounding the same tinder boxes up one after another, never realized how ridiculous it was until I saw it all from the juvenile stages. Shouldn't even be allowed by code IMO.
Sure do love Rutland!!
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

And I assume you do not live on awesome fertile soil?[/quote]

As a matter of fact I do...around 80 acres of them...and my family will be losing some in the near future so COK can make wider paved roads so people can drive faster to get no where....and....I grow a mean potatoe... :biggrin:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol at council. Are they handi capped or what. Took 4 years to realize they were not getting towers. What happened to the park that was supposed to be in the middle.

No towne centre design as planned now. Just projects style housing for the masses .

It is really too bad the church got screwed out of this land.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

They're actually surprised? Really? Since when, has any developer been concerned with anything/anyone other than their profits? City development personnel, it seems, are easily swayed by smooth-talking shysters.

Alternately, this is just lip service and means sweet-diddly-squat in the grand scheme of things.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

kgcayenne wrote:They're actually surprised? Really? Since when, has any developer been concerned with anything/anyone other than their profits? Just curious, what is the profit margin on multi family construction these days? City development personnel, it seems, are easily swayed by smooth-talking shysters. Or maybe they are handcuffed with the development standards and policies in place. Maybe the problem is the Bylaws. You need to fight to change those.

Alternately, this is just lip service and means sweet-diddly-squat in the grand scheme of things. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 9th, 2018, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:Lol at council. Are they handi capped or what. Took 4 years to realize they were not getting towers. What happened to the park that was supposed to be in the middle.

No towne centre design as planned now. Just projects style housing for the masses .

It is really too bad the church got screwed out of this land.

man kelowna city council really are useless .
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

I still think the new police services building should have been built on the Central Green plot of land.
How many millions did the city spend to buy the property on Clement? They already owned the land at Central Green.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Deleted by poster
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 9th, 2018, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”