RCMP helicopter searching......

Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Re: RCMP helicopter searching......

Post by Temet Nosce »

Not so ‘sunny’ today now are we…need a hug? :fence: If I was really invested in the topic I would educate myself. However, since this is time wasting entertainment to procrastinate and distract myself from activities where I do have to exercise my brain and educate myself…. I will just take the helpful information from posters such as LTD and even your post. Perhaps not, but I did think my comment was rather obviously directed at boats that are clearly over capacity. I grew up on a lake bare foot water skiing and the second we had an extra body in the boat we were being hassled by authorities….not so much here in the Okanagan IMHO. Or in my son's experience who catches *bleep* from me for having way too many in his boat. :sunshine:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Has there been any mention of how many were in the boat? Sorry if it's been mentioned, just haven't seen or heard anything myself.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Barney Google wrote:

I find it disheartening that when folks are under extreme stress and dealing with the possibility of the loss of

a friend and or loved one that they are forced into having to clarify the situation and protect the integrity of a loved one

because of what's being posted on social media. The would be "bimbo's" on said vessel and "captain" can

more than likely read. How would some of us like it if our sisters/daughters/wives were referred as such OR if WE

were the ones at the helm? I really wish people would have just a little more compassion before they publically post s*#t.

Yes, I retorted to this phenomenon in another thread where bilous things were being said to the children at the loss of a not so great father.

Great people discuss ideas, small people point fingers and discuss people. National enquirer like.

This is the majority of our nation. And we wonder "why"
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

WalterWhite wrote:Has there been any mention of how many were in the boat? Sorry if it's been mentioned, just haven't seen or heard anything myself.

According to CN article 8...which as others point out is likely within seating capacity. Would be too much for me but I agree depending on the size of boat probably appropriate.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Correction: wasn't CN reporting 8 it was Kamloops This Week. He is a 23 year old from Kamloops. Just tragic...really feel for his family.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

WalterWhite wrote:Grab a brain? C'mon man, they're your words. Maybe not in direct relation to the boat in question but your reference was in general terms.

Actually no relation whatsoever to the boat in question or general terms aimed at it.
I mentioned seeing a wakeboard boat completely packed heading out in choppy water with some bimbos (had to see them I guess) and was expecting to see one fall off.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I am not really sure how nobody on the boat in question did not notice the person missing? That's unusual under normal circumstances.
While I am not jumping to conclusions like people are on social media according to an unnamed female passenger, I would question a few things also. How could you not?
Just left and just stopped for someone to pee.
If you stopped the boat for someone to pee off the boat would you not be paying any attention to when they were done so you could continue on?
Conflicting stories, were they swimming or stopping to pee?
Who ruled out being drunk, the unnamed female in the article that says they were not excessively drunk?
Were drugs also ruled out.
She just wanted people to know that they were being responsible.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Overloaded,drugs, booze, peeing, swimming, not swimming.. does not matter imo . It is the operators responsibility to be aware what his/her passengers are doing at all times on a boat.
I'm sorry for the tragic circumstances and can accept that it may have been just that but it was easily preventable and I hope others can realize the responsibility they have when operating a vessel under any circumstances.
Yes, I am always very aware of what is going on, who is swimming and where they are as the will often go around the front of the boat where you don't see them.
Most newer ski boats would seat 8 comfortably. 5 in the bow easily. Mine is 24ft. Rated for 11. I personally I don't like more than 6 or 7 but they do get full. Almost everybody loves boating it seems.
Going today, hear tommorow
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

WalterWhite wrote:Has there been any mention of how many were in the boat? Sorry if it's been mentioned, just haven't seen or heard anything myself.

Temet Nosce wrote:According to CN article 8...which as others point out is likely within seating capacity. Would be too much for me but I agree depending on the size of boat probably appropriate.

Thank you - and saw your follow up too.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Stereo cranked or did he get run over by the boat and knocked out? Trying to figure out how no one would have heard the young man who, one would assume, would have attempted to call them back. A lot of unanswered questions at this point but a sad a needless death to start the delayed boating season on Okanagan Lake.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Total lack of responsibility of everyone on board. If this happened on a charter boat the operator ( Captain) would be on charges. We had seen a boat out there if it was this one or not with 12 people on board and it was a max 7 seat boat. Life jackets who knows. Loved the comment we were not drinking much, was the driver drinking same rules apply there. Get smarter the lake is a living thing and it will eat you .
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Poindexter wrote:Stereo cranked or did he get run over by the boat and knocked out? Trying to figure out how no one would have heard the young man who, one would assume, would have attempted to call them back. A lot of unanswered questions at this point but a sad a needless death to start the delayed boating season on Okanagan Lake.

I think the unnamed female in the Castanet article answered everything, didn't she?
According to her they stopped so he could pee.
I guess they just assumed he was done and didn't look back once to see if he was, or even still on the boat before carrying on.
You would think that several people within arms reach on a packed small boat would have noticed something.
Half of them would have been sitting sideways or standing.
Maybe he dove in and hit his head according to the unnamed female.
From stopping so he could take a pee, to possibly diving in a going for a swim after.
Who knows, who knows.
That was a well done, credible press release she did that cleared everything up if I have ever read one.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I have to admit, saying basically that the only reason they weren't drunk was because they hadnt had time yet was awfully candid. But I agree, the rest of her explanation left more questions than it answered. For example, if no one saw him get into the water to pee, why are they assuming that's where they lost him? Could have just as likely fallen out while they were driving yet they were so certain about that location that they searched that area primarily. Maybe I'm just naturally suspicious but seemed odd to me and makes me think we're not getting the whole story.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

in all fairness it makes zero difference if they were sober or falling down drunk as long as the operator was sober she also said they were close enough to shore to swim in, kinda sounds like he may have dove into shallow water or fell out under way either way its tragic

Return to “Central Okanagan”