Cannafest

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Cannafest

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Man that name brings back memories.....
Popped in to see him about 3 years back, had lunch hung out a few hours..
No pink shirt.. twas good to catch up on the time that had passed.
He definitely is a hemp advocate.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

The bands are definitely a Blast from the Past...too bad GF doesn't have anything else going for it. Losers and crackhoes. Users and abusers. No wonder the Indians refused to settle there. They said the valley was cursed because it runs east-west. Lived there for 11 years and pretty much everyone I knew died from Cancer...
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Some of the Dhoukobors led long healthy lives, might have been the hemp clothing, or their diet.
What were your friends eating and wearing..
Used to be at least 7 hotels there, they had some great ethnic food from what I heard.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

My auntie used to make borscht at the Yale Hotel in Grand Forks. Sadly, the hotel burned down a few years ago, and even more sadly my auntie passed away a couple of years ago. :(

I just had to have a chuckle at this comment in another thread:

"True....I remember the plate #1,2 &3 at the Yale. Borscht, perogies, etc and could never polish off the plate 3 as it was just too much food. Damn that type of food is filling!"

Yep, that was every visit to auntie's house. Only a single slice of toast for breakfast before taking an hour plus drive to her place, because you knew that you were in for a feast once you got there. And you just HAD to finish everything. Saying no was not an option. :D

Her recipe was passed down to her son, who makes it at Jogas Espresso Cafe. Shameless plug, I know, but there it is.

Return to “Central Okanagan”