Thefts of boat parts

ArcticCatHouse

Re: Thefts of boat parts

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

Wally wrote:I had to order one from Ontario a few years ago. It was thousands of dollars. I could see an under ground market for them. Wondering if I should chain mine to the trailer or something.
Pain in the but to protect yourself from sleaze ball thieves.

I still still going on, I had a Bravo 3 with the twin stainless props stolen off the back of my boat in our yard about 4 years ago. They really aren't that heavy to carry. With the props it was around a $10,000 insurance claim if I recall. *bleep* probably sold it for there next high. I now have a lock on the leg , similar to a wheel lug nut lock.
Boat shops can order them in they aren't that expensive.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Every business day of the week, our court posts the names of thieves in Ktown. This lovely contributing member of the community is one example - several offenses - then busted again a month ago while awaiting prior charge SNT (sentence)
Attachments
Jul21_17_06Court ListA.jpg
One can always reason with reason.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Sure, we can blame addicts for leaving needles around and vagrancy and stealing the change in our cars, but I guarantee its not addicts buying boat parts. That would be the people who have jobs that can afford a boat.
All the honest working taxpayers supporting the scum of the earth, riiiigghht.

Don't buy stolen goods even if it is the deal of the century... then again if its that good of a deal it is probably stolen.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

ArcticCatHouse wrote:

I still still going on, I had a Bravo 3 with the twin stainless props stolen off the back of my boat in our yard about 4 years ago. They really aren't that heavy to carry. With the props it was around a $10,000 insurance claim if I recall. *bleep* probably sold it for there next high. I now have a lock on the leg , similar to a wheel lug nut lock.
Boat shops can order them in they aren't that expensive.

Made by McGaurd . I have one on my prop. I'm going to follow up on that.
Drive legs have their own serial numbers. Probably about as useful as a stolen bikes serial number, but it's something that could possibly be found later.
As for now, mine is staying in the garage or on the water.
Going today, hear tommorow
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

McGard Products...Thanks.

Outdrive, prop, wheel, even tailgate locks.

Will be ordering mine today for the leg, prop, kicker, and yes, tailgate.

Simple, easy, inexpensive.

The tailgate lock appears to be just a glorified hose-clamp though.

http://www.mcgard.com/index.php/compone ... ockand1key
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

What_the wrote:Sure, we can blame addicts for leaving needles around and vagrancy and stealing the change in our cars, but I guarantee its not addicts buying boat parts. That would be the people who have jobs that can afford a boat.
All the honest working taxpayers supporting the scum of the earth, riiiigghht.

Don't buy stolen goods even if it is the deal of the century... then again if its that good of a deal it is probably stolen.

Not the addicts, the bigger fish, dealers, growers and chemists.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Someone that knows boats, and probably us stealing per order or knows what sells every month.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

I often wonder how much of that stuff is sold here on castanet, I know for sure a lot ends up on craigslist, but I would never deal with anybody on that site. Yeah, sure, Ill meet you in the back of a walmart at 2am to buy that totally new xbox, what could go wrong!
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Often you can tell by the price... but not always.
I have a Beemer rear end for sale on here ..cheap.. brand new that I bought at an auction with a shelf full of contents.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Several years back I was looking around in a Kelowna pawnshop (let's call it Shadey's Pawn). While there I overheard the owner talking about expecting a truckload in from Edmonton. My take was the RCMP weren't checking stolen items from Alberta and vice versa. Maybe with computerization and extensive data bases things have changed, but it would still be a huge task to cross reference stolen items from across the country.
Boat parts are big ticket items and your not likely to get away long reselling in the valley.
Stupid or Ugly; you need to decide, you can't be both
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Monsterdriver wrote:Several years back I was looking around in a Kelowna pawnshop (let's call it Shadey's Pawn). While there I overheard the owner talking about expecting a truckload in from Edmonton. My take was the RCMP weren't checking stolen items from Alberta and vice versa. Maybe with computerization and extensive data bases things have changed, but it would still be a huge task to cross reference stolen items from across the country.
Boat parts are big ticket items and your not likely to get away long reselling in the valley.

You would have done the Police a good one by reporting it if you did not.

There are programs in Saskatchewan and I BC where all sellers have to provide proper ID. The Police do walk through and every transaction is documented on a program. It is not perfect as most of us do not keep all our serial numbers or they get lost in a computer crash. It is a start in the right direction, but thieves always find a way around the program.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”