Thefts of boat parts

wolfen_one
Fledgling

Thefts of boat parts

Post by wolfen_one »

Returned from vacation to find the drive leg of my boat hanging loose and parts on the ground around it in my yard. Looks like they could not get it off or were scared away before they got it off. All hardware missing or damaged. I went to my marine shop and they have replaced 6 stolen legs recently from Penticton to Rutland as well as stolen props and parts. This is just one shop in town so there are probably a lot more. Replacement of these range from $4500 up.
Would have loved the chance to "Babe Ruth" the offender. :-X
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Thefts of boat parts

Post by Queen K »

That's the thing, no one is "babe ruthing" these offenders, not even law enforcement or judges.

The drug trade needs it's fuel and boat parts are just yet another target for re-sale.

Best to find the speciality facebook site for boat parts to see if your items might be listed. And all pawn shops need to step up to question speciality boat parts from their "customers."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

That's.... motivated.

Christ those boat legs are not light, I can't believe there is an underground market for boat legs, or perhaps I should considering how insane boat part prices are.

Stuff like this is why I installed cameras with night vision around my property, if this keeps up they may have to be linked up with a chain gun or something lol.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Cameras don't stop thieves as much as alarms do.
I have a large yard. I have sensors placed around the yard. Anything bigger than a dog comes in the yard I know it.

Makes it easier to babe ruth them if ya know they're there.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

JBX wrote:That's.... motivated.

Christ those boat legs are not light, I can't believe there is an underground market for boat legs, or perhaps I should considering how insane boat part prices are.

Stuff like this is why I installed cameras with night vision around my property, if this keeps up they may have to be linked up with a chain gun or something lol.

Could it be for metal recycling re-sale? These local metal recyclers really need to stop buying dubious metal parts from dubious people if so. I blame them as much as anyone if this is the case.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You need valid id to sell scrap.
And there's no valuable scrap in a boat leg.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*

So re-selling it via fb sites and ebay and other ways it is.

I'm taking it shipping (pun intended) would cost a fortune, so it must be local.
Last edited by ferri on Jul 21st, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Someone has a major drug problem....
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

If anyone is brave enough to dismantle my boat 20 feet from our street and 20 feet from my bedroom window, they should be brave enough to face a raving madman with an aluminum bat. People like that should learning that playing with fire could result in 3rd degree burns. No person doing these deeds is feeding a family, just too lazy to earn money honestly.
I am the first to offer assistance to persons with real needs, not these scum.
Last edited by wolfen_one on Jul 21st, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*I've cleared all the off topic posts from this thread, get back to topic please! Thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Well not being sold for scrap... a few Bilge Rats around that don't care if someone's suffers, to get Their boat fixed.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

sounds like the same type of thing that some people rip off the tail gates on trucks...better to replace then get a body shop to fix a bent one and they are not cheap either.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

JBX wrote:That's.... motivated.

What's a chain gun?
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

I had to order one from Ontario a few years ago. It was thousands of dollars. I could see an under ground market for them. Wondering if I should chain mine to the trailer or something.
Pain in the but to protect yourself from sleaze ball thieves.
Going today, hear tommorow

Return to “Central Okanagan”