Water Cop Big Brother same thing

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Water Cop Big Brother same thing

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-202386-1-.htm#202386

Valid or hype?

I'm watering my plants until the last freaking golf course is dead.

QUEEN K ever the rebel...

Actually bright green lawns in the heat of summer are a bit of waste..
Did I tell, you I hate lawns and the upkeep?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

My dogs deserve a nice, lush, green dumpsite.
Black Dogs Matter
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

good for them if other are not enforcing them their managers should be replaced
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

steve mc wrote:good for them if other are not enforcing them their managers should be replaced

I believe they've always done some enforcement. I remember my sister-in-law got a warning from a Rutland Waterworks employee about watering on the wrong day in 1987. We'd gone out of town for couple of weeks that summer and asked her to water the lawn and veggies for us, but forgot that as an apartment dweller she wasn't aware of the odds and evens system so never bothered mentioning it to her before we left. She was a very shy girl and it was pretty traumatic for her being given a stern talking to from the water "cops".
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

First off people should only be planting plants native to the area in their yards. So ridiculous to see cedar hedges in Kelowna and other plants that require large amounts of water.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I have some plants that are drought tollerant and some that are not. I'm making the change to more drought tollerant plants as time goes by. Cedar hedges will be cut down eventually as well. Esspecially since so many go up in flames. Seems to be becoming a safety issue if you ask me. I don't have time nor the energy to try to keep up on watering everything with our summers.

Also when did the odds and evens days change in Rutland? I only learned of the change from the news article!
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

Why the heck is grass used in the Okanagan anyways, it should be banned, in fact watering your lawn period should be banned it's a useless waste of water.

The whole front and back yard full of grass idea is insanely stupid in a desert of all places.

I'm all for watering your flowers and your garden, that's nothing compared to how much is wasted on dumb out of place looking green lawns.

and no, I don't water mine, its dying/dead and I could care less, eventually I"ll replace it with something else, like cactus beds, looks cool, can survive on it's own and the added bonus of hurting anybody who trespasses in my yard!
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

GenesisGT wrote:First off people should only be planting plants native to the area in their yards. So ridiculous to see cedar hedges in Kelowna and other plants that require large amounts of water.

I don't know if it's a status thing , or folks get off on barefoot strolls in grass..
But seriously who came up with the plan to make this semi arid place a water guzzling oasis of greenery *bleep* ! ! l
My God I live in a place that was called Starvation Flats.. I actually love it when the lawns brown a bit and it's not MOW MOW MOW.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

I don't mind raked sand or hard sand with no weeds..

Doesn't go green mean, rip out the Grass, pave, then paint GREEN ?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

When I see EVERY park, soccer field, baseball field and of course EVERY golf course BROWN.........I will then give it some thought. For now my small lawn is not going to break me..........and I like it when its green. The yards with the "dead" lawns and lots of weeds really do make the house look abandoned. BUT, I guess if that is your thing, knock yourself out.
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

Funny how the orchards, vineyards, and golf courses, water whenever they wish. Oh wait, they have money. Sorry.

It's all BS, I'll water when I want to. There's still a water advisory on the westside, anyway. Maybe the feces, and urine in the water will fertilize my lawn.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:
Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-202386-1-.htm#202386

Valid or hype?

I'm watering my plants until the last freaking golf course is dead.

QUEEN K ever the rebel...

Actually bright green lawns in the heat of summer are a bit of waste..
Did I tell, you I hate lawns and the upkeep?

I don't have lawns. I have food plants and xeriscape flowers. Not everyone can garden like I do though and I get that.

I'm not letting them die for the water cops.
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 22nd, 2017, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Graphite wrote:I have some plants that are drought tollerant and some that are not. I'm making the change to more drought tollerant plants as time goes by. Cedar hedges will be cut down eventually as well. Esspecially since so many go up in flames. Seems to be becoming a safety issue if you ask me. I don't have time nor the energy to try to keep up on watering everything with our summers.

Also when did the odds and evens days change in Rutland? I only learned of the change from the news article!

I believe it was changed last year or the year before. I learned about it early last year when I was in the RWD office paying my bill and noticed a leaflet on the desk, but forgot about it over the winter until I read the article. They have done a crap job of publicizing it IMO.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202483

Many people are letting their properties burn up by the sun just so that they can victimized by fire later.
I see it everywhere, good thing this fire was doused right.

I see huge banks of dead grass exactly like what is in this photo which would not be so containable so quickly.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”