Water Cop Big Brother same thing

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Water Cop Big Brother same thing

Post by Bpeep »

I pay an insane amount of money for water that I don't even deem drinkable. I'll use all the water I want.
Imo the only decent water in the area is from rutland water.
Rutland water is awesome. The rest around here is crap.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Bman wrote:Rutland water is awesome. The rest around here is crap.

And that is why I never want to see BMID have to amalgamate under the City of Kelowna water.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

GenesisGT wrote:

And that is why I never want to see BMID have to amalgamate under the City of Kelowna water.

I believe hes talking about rutland water works water not BMID , And I would have to agree Rutland Water is the best in town
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Why do we pay taxes? Again?^^
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

In the one country that has most of the world's fresh water?
Please, enlighten me.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
syron

Post by syron »

Lack of water is not the problem. The problem is the lack of watermains large enough to distribute the water.
Municipalities enact water restrictions to avoid upsizing watermains as communities get larger.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

My thoughts are if you're willing to water then you pay for it which is what the current system is.

If they need to upgrade water main's then raise water rates and reinvest instead of using water meters as "general revenue."

Either it was Armstrong or Enderby that recently commented that since water meters were installed "to help people save water" that their revenues from water usage plummeted and they're now looking to raise rates.

So much for looking at is as a "conservation" issue as opposed to a revenue one.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

syron wrote:Lack of water is not the problem. The problem is the lack of watermains large enough to distribute the water.
Municipalities enact water restrictions to avoid upsizing watermains as communities get larger.

maybe you should go up and have a look at some of the reservoirs at the end of September and get back to us
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Charging more for water is a much bigger deterent than watering restrictions. Look at lawns in Ellison area with no water meters. Lushes you have ever seen. You can water a ton on your watering day.
Drive through vernon where water rates are the highest anywhere. Brown lawns everywhere.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Chyren wrote:My thoughts are if you're willing to water then you pay for it which is what the current system is.

If they need to upgrade water main's then raise water rates and reinvest instead of using water meters as "general revenue." ......

.... and just where do you think these upgraded water mains get their water ?

The short sighted answer is "the reservoir".

Think this through,,, the water comes from the reservoir,,,,, and,,,,,,,, goes through the TREATMENT PLANT. The treatment plant is expensive and has only so much capacity, so, if too much water is used, zillions has to be spent on an upgraded treatment plant to go with your upgraded water mains. Just so some moron can look out at a green lawn.

It's grass, we live in a hot dry place, not consistent with green grass in the summer.

The over waterer who willingly will pay extra money for all the water he uses to keep his patch of lawn lush isn't paying enough in water rates to pay to upgrade the treatment plant. As a tax payer, I don't want a chunk of my taxes going to enlarge a treatment plant prematurely just so he can look at a green lawn.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

GenesisGT wrote:And that is why I never want to see BMID have to amalgamate under the City of Kelowna water.

Amalgamation of the water districts doesn't necessarily mean cross-connecting the systems. Rutland Water is on a closed system, although they recently connected to BMID when the need arose. Amalgamation would put all the administration and servicing under one entity. Right now, the way it sits, the duplication of services is costing way too much. Multiple managers, multiple administrators, multiple vehicles (which every ones seems to take home as a second vehicle), multiple workers, multiple pensions etc. the list goes on. They want to talk City Wide? Amalgamate.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Anonymous123 wrote:Amalgamation of the water districts doesn't necessarily mean cross-connecting the systems. Rutland Water is on a closed system, although they recently connected to BMID when the need arose. Amalgamation would put all the administration and servicing under one entity. Right now, the way it sits, the duplication of services is costing way too much. Multiple managers, multiple administrators, multiple vehicles (which every ones seems to take home as a second vehicle), multiple workers, multiple pensions etc. the list goes on. They want to talk City Wide? Amalgamate.

No. Rutland has the best water, the best management, the best infrastructure and the best water rates. I do not want to see RWD forced to amalgamate with a City bureaucracy that has proven repeatedly that they don't give a rat's behind about Rutland, only to jack up our water rates to pay for the water systems in other parts of the city being upgraded. I don't care how much duplication there is, or how broken the other water providers are, amalgamation would be very bad for RWD (and probably BMID) users. It will be a damn shame if that's forced on us.
spooker

Post by spooker »

As someone who has gone to the wilds of Kenya and visited the villages where potable water is a rarity ... we have little to *bleep* about with every other day watering ...
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Almost forgot.........time to put the sprinkler on!
spooker

Post by spooker »

lesliepaul wrote:Almost forgot.........time to put the sprinkler on!

Yep, best time to water as the evaporation will be lowest at this time of night ... good for you! (mine is set for 3am)

Return to “Central Okanagan”