Campfire costs man $1150 fine!

rookie314
Übergod

Re: Campfire costs man $1150 fine!

Post by rookie314 »

Glacier wrote:They must be inbred in Alberta.

Irrelevant. How many fires this year have been set by BCers? Doesn't matter where you are from if you are using fire this time of year you're a moron.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I have to agree with TylerM4

I don't believe the vehicle was actually towed, and certainly the BC Wildfire Act is a provincial statute.

Back in the old days if you didn't pay a provincial ticket, at least there was a Bench Warrant issued in the province for which the fine wasn't paid. Then if you happened to come to the attention of police in that province, lets say during the next year's vacation, off to jail you'd go.

Now it's a debt, and unless the Albertan moved to BC and applied for something like a BC DL, or car insurance, he can thumb his nose at the debt.

But it will play well on the news, I guess.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe it's time Provinces cooperate with one another on certain types of charges/fines, send those individuals back to face what they had done.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

I live next to that soccer field. Bring him to my house and I'll force feed him a cup of cayenne. That should keep him warm for a while... :cuss:
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:Maybe it's time Provinces cooperate with one another on certain types of charges/fines, send those individuals back to face what they had done.

I believe they do on Motor Vehicle stuff. (I know that because my wife says so)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Imagine, starting a campfire in the middle of a residential area during the dry season. What a moron. It should be a criminal offense and he should spend time behind bars, let alone paying a fine.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

rookie314 wrote:
Glacier wrote:They must be inbred in Alberta.

Irrelevant. How many fires this year have been set by BCers?

None.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

three more geniuses in Coldstream
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

I hope the tow-truck driver was really careful towing his vehicle to the impound.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

If they were "in the process of towing" it, then there would be a hook up fee and a disconnect fee that would have to be paid before he got the vehicle back.

Since he has a BC fine, BC could file a bench warrant and if he comes back to BC he'd stand the chance of being picked up and taken to jail until a court date and a payment of fines.

It would e nice if it was like a speeding ticket and you couldn't renew your license or license plate without paying.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Tony wrote:If they were "in the process of towing" it, then there would be a hook up fee and a disconnect fee that would have to be paid before he got the vehicle back.

Since he has a BC fine, BC could file a bench warrant and if he comes back to BC he'd stand the chance of being picked up and taken to jail until a court date and a payment of fines.

It would e nice if it was like a speeding ticket and you couldn't renew your license or license plate without paying.

They don't issue bench warrants for unpaid fines anymore.

If the truck got there and hooked up the vehicle there would be a drop fee.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Irrelevant. How many fires this year have been set by BCers?
None.

You not counting the 4 fires in Hedley set by a local arsonist, or the OC fire, or the countless other ones from idiots and their cigarettes? There's lots of dumb a$$es that are born and bred in BC too Glacier.

Return to “Central Okanagan”