3 more fire idiots fined!!

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 3 more fire idiots fined!!

Post by GordonH »

Campfire & open burning ban Province wide, means just that EVERYONE. No exception period.

Since that fire those firefighters were around was not a back burning, they to should be fined for stupidity. With the amount of residence in this Province who have lost their homes to both nature started & as :cuss: hole human caused fires. Those firefighters should have known better.

Don't get me wrong those who fight wildfires do have my upmost respect & gratitude for what they do. (they are not above the law)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

my5cents wrote:Come on ! It was just a small camp fire !

I like the part were all three get tickets, too.

Ya lol. Plus:

“We requested the RCMP so they could issue provincial tickets for $1,150 instead of the $200 we can issue,” said Sturgeon, noting every person at an illegal campfire can be fined.

Savage!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Too bad they wouldn't just drop a load of retardant on them.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Bsuds wrote:Too bad they wouldn't just drop a load of retardant on them.

It seems that they are adequately re-tarded already.
Black Dogs Matter
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:Too bad they wouldn't just drop a load of retardant on them.
dogspoiler wrote:
It seems that they are adequately re-tarded already.

And there ain't no cure fo dat!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Pitbullwlips

Post by Pitbullwlips »

They are fire fighters beside water. Not irresponsible idiots going to bed in a tent without putting out their fire. Joke to fine them, they are the ones we all count on to help us for Christ sakes, and like "if you can trust them to have a fire" who will you? Long hot thankless dirty dry job.
The idiot who gave them the ticket probably didn't give one to some "cute dumb chicks" on the water camping.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

so because theyre firefighters the sparks from their fire don't travel and start a fire elsewhere give yur head a shake it was an irresponsible act by people who should know better they all shoulda got a fine the dumb :cuss:
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

I just help myself. Jail for campfire? Ludicrous. Perhaps they just don't care about you people with your tar and feathers applied With pitchforks.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

I am an Aussie and fire bans have been implemented there for yrs and we where brought up knowing what not to do. (except for fire bugs)
You cannot light any fires on Forestry land, including Forest Reserves, between 1 November and 30 April Aussie Summer)
in any year.

You cannot light a wood fire in parks during the Fire Danger Season. Some parks have year-round bans on wood fires.
All open fires, liquid fuel and gas stoves are banned in all parks on Total Fire Ban days as declared

Is this not simple enough to copy and bump the fines to $10,000
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

or you could just go back to Australia, we like being able to have a fire while camping when the conditions allow for it and its put out when you leave simple really. Australias climate is much drier than here so it makes sense here it makes sense when conditions are extreme to have a ban but not permanent.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh, if ONLY we had a system like that!!

Here in B.C. a ban is put in place weeks after major fires are going. Back roading is banned later still.

We just love to see our province going up in flames rather than disgruntle those who selfishly NEED to put forests and lives at risk. They know who they are.

:-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

LTD wrote:or you could just go back to Australia, we like being able to have a fire while camping when the conditions allow for it and its put out when you leave simple really. Australias climate is much drier than here so it makes sense here it makes sense when conditions are extreme to have a ban but not permanent.

Ya exactly. it makes 0 sense to ban forest fires for 5 months of the year in the entire province. Needs to be based on conditions
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

motokelowna1 wrote:I am an Aussie and fire bans have been implemented there for yrs and we where brought up knowing what not to do. (except for fire bugs)
You cannot light any fires on Forestry land, including Forest Reserves, between 1 November and 30 April Aussie Summer)
in any year.

You cannot light a wood fire in parks during the Fire Danger Season. Some parks have year-round bans on wood fires.
All open fires, liquid fuel and gas stoves are banned in all parks on Total Fire Ban days as declared

Is this not simple enough to copy and bump the fines to $10,000

LTD wrote:or you could just go back to Australia, we like being able to have a fire while camping when the conditions allow for it and its put out when you leave simple really. Australias climate is much drier than here so it makes sense here it makes sense when conditions are extreme to have a ban but not permanent.

- or, you could be a tad more hospitable to our Aussie friend and understand the poster clearly indicated that only some parks have permanent bans on wood fires - not all.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

WalterWhite wrote:
- or, you could be a tad more hospitable to our Aussie friend and understand the poster clearly indicated that only some parks have permanent bans on wood fires - not all.

while the message may have been a tad rude the poster clearly indicated ALL parks have ban through the summer and SOME year round

very different climate here BC really needs to be done as conditions warrant. small cooking fires and camping have been a way of life here for a long time. absolutely no need to change that
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, it's become such a way of life that we don't even miss the millions of bucks spent annually putting fires out that MIGHT have gone to building new hospitals, schools, repair of roads, sewers and on and on.

Of course we would have to have a thoughtful government too.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Central Okanagan”